Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, April 13, 2015

LA Girl Matte Pigment Lip Gloss- Dupe for Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss?



Hi there!

While Anastasia's website is mysteriously on the fritz (you click and go to an error message if you want to test it out) I was looking for an option to find an affordable matte lip paint.  You want a Velvetine from Lime Crime too?  To satisfy that itch for a matte lipstick that applies wet I found a new love in La Girl Matte Pigment Lip Glosses.  For $5 each (yes, for realio) you can get LA Girl's Matte Pigment Lip Glosses at a fraction of the cost of similar products.

Maybe Rebel is a dupe for Lime Crime's Riot Velvetine?  Wouldn't that be nice?!


.

La Girl promo shot of the Matte Pigment Lip Gloss

So if you've not heard of LA Girl much you might know of Too Faced's melted lipsticks.  If you love those types of products (a liquid lipstick) LA Girl came out with these lovely, lovely dupes of that product called Lip Glazes- Colors below:

I used the shade Pin Up (first image, far left) in my Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar look a while ago.  It's a shiny lacquered red.

Go to Look post HERE

The lip glazes are wonderful so the Matte Pigment lip glosses look just as nice!  Here are swatches of 18 shades that I found online via Ebay:



Based on what I could gather online the numbers correlate to the 16 shades as the following (mind you this is me looking at the photos and trying to guess):

846- Black Currant                        
845- Stunner
844- Backstage
843- Rebel
842- Secret
841- Frisky
840- Instinct
839- Obsess
838- Tulle
837- Playful
836- Iconic
835- Timeless
834- Bazaar
833- Fleur
832- Dreamy
831- Fantasy


More swatches from LadyMoss (at ladymoss.com if you like the watermark) and want to see the post on these pretty glosses.


Each tube comes with a doe foot applicator and a round plastic shell.

I found the following product image from Young, Wild, & Polished's Tumblr-



The products are available at La Girl's website www.lagirlusa.com or a direct link to the glosses HERE.

So for $5 you can get some really pretty shades or you can spent nearly 4x's that for Anastasia.  I have a couple of the ABH glosses and they're nice but shoot, if something is cheaper, why not? Especially if they perform on par with the more expensive product.

What do you think?  Would you give these a try?

Have a great day,
T



No comments: