Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Everyday Makeup Using the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette + LA Colors Glazed Lip Paint in Pin Up!

Up and Down go the chocolate pips!

Hi there!

Too Faced released their sequel to the delicious Chocolate Bar palette with the just as yummy Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar palette!


.



Just like it's predecessor, you open the lovely metal case embossed like a candy bar and get a fragrant scent of chocolate.  Touted to be made with cocoa powder, these palettes are my favorites right now. They smell heavenly, fragrantly cocoa sweet, and each shadow is smooth and easy to apply.

I used this palette for an everyday look that is quick and can be made more dramatic for a night out- New Year's?  Add some navy glitter to the center of the lid and line the bottom eyes, blended with Blueberry Swirl and there you have it.

Here are the products I used for my look-


Product List 

Foundation, Starlooks Studio Blend in SB2
Powder, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, Light
Setting Powder, Silk Naturals Date Bait (oh such a favorite)
Highlight, Silk Naturals Mineral Glow, Crystal
Blush, Milani Baked Blush, Bella Rosa
Blush, (to deepen the pink) Nyx Blush, Taupe
Brows, Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo, Taupe
Lashes, L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes, Very Black
Eyes, Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar palette:
     Primer- MAC Blackground paint pot (lid to the crease)
     Lid- Hot Fudge
     Crease- Bon Bon
     Outer/Inner Corners- Licorice
     Center Lid- Blueberry Whirl
     Lower Lashline- Mouse mixed with Butter Pecan
Liner, Coastal Scents Liquid Liner, Jet
Lips, LA Glazed Lip Paint, Pin-Up

I didn't use a foundation primer or do much of a contour/bronzer.  Nor did I use false eyelashes- this was something you could just do really quickly and have it look pretty.





Thanks for taking a look and have you tried this palette yet?  I am loving it and although it took me a few months to jump on the Chocolate Bar Palette bandwagon, I am certainly glad I did!



Shop the Look


Have a great day,
T

2 comments:

Marcey said...

I expected the colors to apply much darker! This is very pretty & I love the red lip.

Baroque In Babylon said...

I know- I felt the same way. They aren't really rich, dark shades- but they do fit the bill if you're in a hurry and need a nice, natural look. I love how they smell!