Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, October 6, 2014

Swatches and Review of Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette!

via Tumblr

How I feel when a new Urban Decay Vice Palette comes out!

Hi there!

Among the hoopla I sent UD my cash and received the Vice 3 palette.  I am excited to share it with you during a quick (I mean like one day) break in my school/clinicals.

Take a look!


.

Vice 3 is available at Ulta, Sephora, UD.com, etc, etc....for $59 you get free shipping most places online and hey with some sites you get free samples if you're debating on whether to get it in person or online.

Here is the Vice 3 palette for your viewing pleasure!


This baby comes in a little pouch that could fit an Ipad Mini and matches the graphic on the outside of the palette case.


The back of the palette in acid green metallic plastic.


The very cool faceted plastic name of the palette on the front.  It's raised and jewel-like texture is gorgeous in the same acid green shade.


Thar she be.


Open it up and you can see a big mirror and each shade.  The palette comes with a double ended brush.


A close look at the shades, from left column to the right.




The fluffy end of the brush.


The smaller paddle shaped edge of the brush.



Another peek at the whole palette.


Swatches were foiled with water using a flat edged Loew-Cornell brush that I use for my swatches.  I don't use primer generally and these are photographed in natural sunlight.  For some reason when these uploaded it made my hands look like they were 105 years old.  What gives?  Anyway, it didn't affect the colors/shade as they appear but yeah, thanks for making me look like a memaw!

Top row corresponds with the far left column of the palette:

From L to R, top row: Truth, Undone, Downfall, DTF
From L to R, bottom row:  Dragon, Freeze, Heroine, Brokedown


From L to R, top row: Truth, Undone, Downfall, DTF
From L to R, bottom row:  Dragon, Freeze, Heroine, Brokedown


From L to R, top row: Truth, Undone, Downfall, DTF
From L to R, bottom row:  Dragon, Freeze, Heroine, Brokedown


From L to R, top row: Truth, Undone, Downfall, DTF
From L to R, bottom row:  Dragon, Freeze, Heroine, Brokedown


My favorites from this first group are Dragon, Freeze, and Heroine.  Heroine is this luscious deep navy blue with an almost aubergine tint to it.  Heaven.  Help.  Me.  It is gorge.

The latter bit of the palette is below-

From L to R, top row:  Vanity, Lucky, Reign, Bobby Dazzle
From L to R, center row:  Alien, Alchemy, Bondage, Sonic *favorites of the palette
From L to R, bottom row:  Last Sin, Angel, Defy, Revolver


From L to R, top row:  Vanity, Lucky, Reign, Bobby Dazzle
From L to R, center row:  Alien, Alchemy, Bondage, Sonic *favorites of the palette
From L to R, bottom row:  Last Sin, Angel, Defy, Revolver


From L to R, top row:  Vanity, Lucky, Reign, Bobby Dazzle
From L to R, center row:  Alien, Alchemy, Bondage, Sonic *favorites of the palette
From L to R, bottom row:  Last Sin, Angel, Defy, Revolver


From L to R, top row:  Vanity, Lucky, Reign, Bobby Dazzle
From L to R, center row:  Alien, Alchemy, Bondage, Sonic *favorites of the palette
From L to R, bottom row:  Last Sin, Angel, Defy, Revolver

I turned it sideways so you could see the light hit that middle row- look at Alchemy.  Is that not just a lovely violet orchid shade or what?


From L to R, top row:  Vanity, Lucky, Reign, Bobby Dazzle
From L to R, center row:  Alien, Alchemy, Bondage, Sonic *favorites of the palette
From L to R, bottom row:  Last Sin, Angel, Defy, Revolver


A close up look to see the texture.  A lot of them are metallic but many have a satin quality that will make them a bit more wearable if you're worried these will be a shiny mess.


Okay so the verdict?

Is this AMAZING?  I think it's good- yes.  Not mind blowing as some palettes can be (like Naked 3, which I adore) but if you have an Ulta coupon, this is a good pick.  My faves from the palette (in no certain order) are:

1.  Lucky
2.  Alien
3.  Alchemy
4.  Angel
5.  Heroine

All of those I felt were really pretty and rather hard to dupe, especially Alchemy and Heroine.  So if you're on the fence at all, those shades are beautiful and if you're a loyalist to UD- pick this up.  I am glad I have it.

Have a great day,
T


4 comments:

dream-seek- believe said...

Oh my! This is an absolutely stunning palette. Need!

Baroque In Babylon said...

Thank you- I agree....it really was a stunner!

Rose said...

It was interesting to see another take on this palette. I mean my friend bought it and she can't stop raving about how awesome it is but I tried it and was kind of meh on the whole thing. Particularly with the price tag to be honest.

{Secretly I'm just massively disappointed that "Sonic" wasn't as red on me as it could be.}

Baroque In Babylon said...

I felt the same way Rose- some colors are great, some are meh...it seems we buy to collect not to wear. I'm trying to shy away from that bad habit.