Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Rosy Peachy Makeup: Using Darling Girl Cosmetics

Inspiration for Look, via Google


Hi there!

Darling Girl Cosmetics posted a bit ago on their Facebook page offering a FREE eyeshadow if you posted a look.  Out of nowhere I racked up an order full of racey names- completely on accident.  However, the owner Susan had a hilarious response to my rather risque pickings.




When the order arrived I had no idea that all of the shade names were super adult- it looked like I was on some kind of mission to be pervy.  Eyeshadows like Electric Sex, Inferno Room,  and Sex on Fire! Ha ha! Susan wrote at the bottom of my receipt  that it looks like I had an 'exciting' day of makeup planned! Best part is, I had no clue.  It just ended up that way.

I chose these fun colors to create a look for the Facebook contest.  I was inspired by blowsy roses, almost too full in bloom and soft luscious peaches.  I love the idea of florals and fruit and the header painting above summed up the color range I was going for.

Here's how it turned out-




Susan graciously gave me a code for a full size shadow and I picked F* Bomb- a green gold color shifter that I want to use as a shadow dupe to my beloved MAC pearlglide in the shade Undercurrent.

So much for not picking racey items!  But the truth is, I love the kitsch and hope my kids don't get embarrassed their ol' Mom is using makeup called names like this.  So nothing much more to report right now other than I wanted to share this look.  Hope wherever you are, you have a lovely weekend.

Products I used

Face
Foundation, MAC Full Coverage foundation in NC15
Powder, MAC Studio Fix NW15
Concealer, MAC Prep + Prime in Radiant Rose

Cheeks
Blush, Darling Girl Pretty Primrose

Eyes
All Darling Girl Cosmetics- Lid: Sunset Strip, Crease: Electrix Sex, Outer V: Sex on Fire, Lower lashline: Sunset Strip mixed with Inferno Room and a dash of Nars Albatross as a highlight
Liner, L'Oreal Lineur Intense in Black (liquid)
Mascara, L'Oreal Voluminous in Black
Lashes, Red Cherry #DW (demi wispies)

Lips
Liner, MAC Dervish
Lipstick, Darling Girl Inferno Room shadow
Gloss, MAC Sugarrimmed Dazzleglass

Shop this look




Have a great day,
T





No comments: