Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, July 6, 2014

I Am In Love With Aubergine!

Pick Your Purple

Hi there!

Every now and again a color captures your heart.  You want shoes like that.  You dream up nail combos- or you pick up a lipstick that fulfills your little inspirational dream.  Or you obsess and see it everywhere and hope to have a beachfront condo with a front door in that very shade.




For me, the dreamy color I'm in love with right now is Aubergine.  The shade is synonymous with eggplant- but that sounds like Aubergine's dumpy cousin to me.  I don't want to conjure up gourdish shapes and flat nasal sounding words.  No, no aubergine is chic, rich, and can be a bit snobbish but is so very en pointe with style.  I am probably like most Americans where you could say trash can in French and suddenly it's glamorous.  Yet, in my heart, aubergine is always gorgeous.  The name inspired a delish restaurant in one of my favorite places. It is what I wish my kitchen table were painted.  And did you know that eggplant is a species of nightshade? Aubergine was mentioned by Panic At the Disco (aubergine dreams) and supposedly showed up in our vocabs about 1794- purple by any other name is hardly just as sweet.

Here are some lovely things that inspire me in varying shades of aubergine:

*Note the images are not mine.  They are courtesy of Google, Pinterest, and Tumblr via their respective owners.

Geode

Iris

Fender

Bouquet

Entrance

Waterway

Locks

Feathers

With Teal

Ombre

Lips

Wallpaper

Garden

Chanel

Succulent

Coasters

Floral

Candied

Orchids

Fainting Couch
Lowlights

Velvet Drapes
LV

Dior

Eggplant :)

Is there a color that is capturing your head right now?  This aubergine shade has me dreaming up velvet settees, slinky boots, and lip gloss.  Color does that for me- it ignites my imagination.  Share with me your dream palettes!

Have a great day,
T

2 comments:

Kiss My Sparkle said...

Dark aubergine is one of my all-time favorite colors. I hate to discriminate against other colors, but I always look forward to fall when various shades of aubergine abound, particularly the deeper tones. <3

Baroque In Babylon said...

KMS- I feel very much the same. There is something so luxurious and lovely about it. Thank you for saying hello!