Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, June 20, 2014

Swatches of 11 Nyx Powder Blushes: Look at Taupe, Angel, Spice, and Many More!


Hi there!

Good morning to you- bright and early!  It's before 8 a.m. at my house and I wanted to start the day with a fun peek at these Nyx powder blushes.  I'm going through my stash and catching up on my goodies I wanted to share.  As you've probably gathered, in true beauty blogging fashion, I can't stop at 1 or 2 blushes.  Nope. A haul is only worthy if it's in the double digits :)  These blushes were part of a Cherry Culture rampage I had a bit ago when things were 40% off and I had a bit of fun picking these out.





Here's some great points about Nyx powder blush:


  • Pigmentation is true to pan
  • Payoff rivals and often exceeds MAC and NARS (fo' sho)
  • Under $6 per pan
  • Not likely to break or crumble 
  • Pyramid design offers a rich amount of product with one brush swipe
  • Applies smoothly
  • Not glittery
  • Comes in a range of shades suitable for all skin types


Since the first picture is what you'll see on the product, here's a back shot for color names, weight of product, etc:


Each pan offers 4 g of blush.  For size comparison, Nars blushes are 4.8 g, MAC Mineralize blush are 3.5 g, and MAC pan blush are 6.5.  Sooo they're not huge, but since they're affordable you can manage to stock up.  I see this often for $5.50 at Cherry Culture, set of 6 for $25 or so on Ebay, and $5.99 at Ulta.

Here's a closer look at each shade:












Swatches were foiled with water and then air dried on my hand.  They were photographed in all their glory in natural morning sunlight! :)


Same shades but without text so you can see the full swatch of color.


Below are the swatches in full sunlight so you can get a look at the finish.  You can see that some are satiny and have a sheen- but there really aren't any glittery shades.  Taupe hands down is probably one everyone should own.  It's great for contouring, bronzing, livening up a tan, emphasizing bone structure and as an eyeshadow.  Bury me with Taupe :)


The last five shades are all pinks and a brownish mauve.  Same as the swatches above- foiled and in sunlight.



And the last one- in full sunlight


So there are all 11!  I would choose my favorites as Taupe, Pinched, and Espresso.  However, each of them are very wearable.  I like to get a coordinating cream blush and then lightly dust one of these on top to set.  It seems to last all day and they don't get chalky.

If you see these, pick one up!  I think you'll find yourself reaching for this instead of MAC or other high end brands.

In real life, I'm going to go hop in the shower and get ready for the day.  The kids and I are going with my friend Jerri to see How To Train Your Dragon II in 3D.  I love 3D- man my kids are so lucky- we didn't even have high resolution when I was growing up.  Shoot, I remember pay phones and when the internet doesn't exist.  Geez, I sound old. :)

Shop the blushes



Have a great day,
T

2 comments:

Jana Nogueira said...

São lindos e bem pigmentados.
Adoraria ter o Angel.
Beijinhos da Jana
Jana Nogueira| FanPage| Instagram| Youtube

Baroque In Babylon said...

I love Angel too and the pigment is amazing- thank you for saying hi Jana~!