Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Dramatic Dance Recital Makeup

Hi there!

My 13 year old daughter (who I think is everything in the whole world) recently had a dance recital.  I did her makeup for the performance and she was so funny about it.  She was so grumpy and said it was too dark and she'd never go out like this- I couldn't help but inwardly laugh a little at her funny reaction.  She was seriously cranky about it but she was so cute and is still so nice in her approach that I just had to hug her.  I tried to reassure her that performance makeup is meant to be dramatic and not what you'd wear to the mall. She felt a little better and all I wanted was her to know that regardless of the products she's wearing- she is beautiful.

Here's how the look turned out!

My favorite part about these photos is that you can totally see on her face that she hates it.  I can't help but love her surliness- ah, teenagers. :)




 A close up of the eye- a shimmery silver touched smokey eye to pair with the red lip.


For pre/tween dance makeup- I prefer not use too many face products.  Young girls generally have lovely skin and for my daughter, I only used a bit of Nars Albatross to bring some shimmer to high planed areas of her face. My focus was on her large hazel eyes and making sure the eyeshadow was blended out to make a dramatic smokey eye.  I used MAC Blackout Paint Pot as a black primer/base and layered Urban Decay Naked palettes 1 and 3 dark shades like Blackheart and Mug Shot for a plum based dark eye.  I used Urban Decay Cherry on the inner lid for a shimmery pale pink and finished off the eye with MAC Feline liner and Benefit They're Real mascara.

For her cheeks I used MAC Pink Swoon and already mentioned the highlighter.  I didn't do too much to her brows, just Maybelline clear mascara to shape them and a bit of La Femme brow powder in Taupe.

For her lips, I lined them in MAC Cherry and filled them with MAC Viva Glam Rihanna, a deep jewel toned red.  I used the MAC Viva Glam Rihanna lipglass on top, just a bit, to keep it from being too dry.

I think this look suited her tap costume that was all 20's fringe and topped off with a diamante choker.  I'm lucky to have a willing daughter to let me do her makeup, even if this wasn't her style- she wore it anyway and had fun at her performance!

Have a great day,
T

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she looks sooo pretty!!!

Carrie said...

Awwww she's so cute!

Baroque In Babylon said...

@ Anon & Carrie - Thank you!