Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Darling Girl Cosmetics Watercolor Paint Pots: Shantay You Stay + Falling Light! Swatches!


Hi there!

As part of my Darling Girl Swatch-o-rama, it's only fair I give Watercolor Paint Pots their due!  These little jars have been reformulated and are now in an airless pump bottle AND at the time of this rolling off the press, are on sale!  Check out the pump bottles below-

Image courtesy of Darling Girl Cosmetics
Cost is $6.50 each, you'll get at least 20-25 uses out of each bottle, although sizing isn't listed.  Here is how DG describes their paint pots:

Watercolor Paint Pots can be used  as a stand alone color or as a base to enhance and whatever color you layer over it. 
Watercolor Paint Pots have a soft creamy consistency, almost like a mousse; they are not water proof, but once set, they are pretty smudge proof.  They have almost a cream-to-powder effect. 

Packaging 5ml airless pump bottle.  You will need to depress the pump a good few times together the product to come out upon first use.  Once you get the pump working depress softly to control the amount of product that comes out. 

Ingredients: Isododecane, Distilled Water, Emulsifying Wax, Silicon Dioxide, Glycerin, mica and camellia sinsnsisPhenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol.  May Also Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Synthetic Fluorophylogopite and Iron Oxides.

The two I'm sharing with you today are called Falling Light (pearled soft begie) and Shantay You Stay (rosy pink).  Let's get to seeing how these perform out of the jar!


These swatches were done straight out of the jar with a flat synthetic brush.  I applied about 4 coats to get this heavy of an opacity.  If you want a more sheer application that is completely possible.  As I layered, I didn't notice any pilling, smudging, or clumping.  The product went on smoothly and once it dried, didn't smear about.  As I didn't test these on my lids, I can't predict how they'll perform on your lids (especially if your skin oil production is high), but they appear to be solid peformers as far as wearability and staying power.  I want to test these out on my lids and I'll get back to ya!


Here's a closer look- These are lovely because they have a glowing effect, but aren't shimmery.  These are safe way to wear shimmer without worrying about looking too glittery.  I could see Falling Light rocking the inner corner of the eye and Shantay You Stay working as a rather nice blush as well.


Then out of curiosity, I layered a pigment on top of the Paint Pot.  Jeweled Taupe on the left and Bronze Dawn on the right.  I didn't see a heightening of the color, if anything they blended in well to the cream base. However, you can see that they appeared darker and more substantial while melding more into the shade of the Paint Pot.


Would I use these as a primer?  I wouldn't say yes as I'm not sure how they hold up over time as far as creasing or fallout goes with a pigment on top.  I just wanted to test their performance of interacting with a pigment layered over it.  I feel like these are stand alone shadows, but if you wanted to use a pigment on top, you won't have a crumbly mess- so feel free to add black to smoke it out.  The paint pot will grasp the pigment but won't fall apart.


Here's a closer look.  You can see the shadows blended on the upper half and the paint pots alone on the lower half.


If you're looking for an alternative for pigments, these paint pots are lovely!  They seem to apply very similar to a cream to powder and if you want a little highlight like an illuminator or a lovely shimmer on your lids- these would suit you just fine!

Throw one in your cart as you check out DG's blushes, eye pigments, and bronzers- I think you'll love them too!

Have a great day,
T

Photobucket

No comments: