Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Darling Girl Cosmetics: Swatches of Blushes + Bronzer! Duochrome, Shimmer, + Soft Focus Blushes!

Hi there!

Oh yes, it is almost summer!  Time to slather on sunblock and for me, sunless tanner!  What else goes great with summer skin?  Blushes and bronzers!  Look up and you'll see me wearing Love's True Kiss- a brand new peachy pink blush perfect for summer.

Darling Girl Cosmetics has some yummy pinks and bronze to satisfy your cheeky cravings.  My holy grail blushes are in this Darling Girl arsenal and I bet you'll find one to love as well.  Love's True Kiss is a color I think suits fair skin quite well and it has a bit of golden blue gleam to it that is unique.

As for my DG Blush/Bronzer stash, I have 5 full-size jars, one duochrome blush mini in the shade Fantasia (previously swatched HERE) and 2 samples of DG blushes/bronzers.  I love each of them and they blend wonderfully on dewy or matte skin.

There are several options to choose from if you're looking for blush from Darling Girl.  Categories of face products are:  Bronzer, Soft Focus blush, Blush You powder blush, Sweet Cheeks cream blush, and Inner Glow (often duochrome) blush, and Spectral Shifts/Primers as well.  I'll note which type of product swatched next to the shade name so you can find it at DG's site!

Take a look!







From top, L to R are:  Boy Crazy (Blush You), Neon Trees (Blush You), Paradise Pink (Soft Focus)
From bottom, L to R are:  Beach Baby (Bronzer), Love's True Kiss (Inner Glow)
Two samples: Living Dead Gurl (Inner Glow) and Pink Posies (not available)

The photo below is out of order to what is listed above, but you can still see the shades through the packaging.  Each item has listed ingredients and will note if not lip/eye safe.


Swatches were done on my hand, foiled slightly with water for opacity and then blended out to the right to show wearability.  Oh they are lovely!

You can see which ones have a nice shimmer to them.   However, they are small enough in particle size that you won't have enhanced pores or line settling.  They will tend to apply lighter than the more opaque matte shades- but if you contour with a bronzer, it won't be an issue.


Swatches without shade names so you can check them out without font.


One last time, in a bit less reflective light so you can see the base shade of each color.  I have to tell you that Boy Crazy is my HG blush.  It knocks MAC's Blushbaby out of the pool.  There is a hint of golden glimmer and this could look so nice on fair skin to dark skin- so that means you!

My second HG is Neon Trees.  It looks crazy hot pink in the jar- you can see it peeking below the font by the swatch.  Yeah, don't be nervous though- it blends into this beautiful rosy peach that looks amazing under a tan or on pale girls too.  I love it.


In case you're wondering if the bronzer is shimmery- it is, but not in an obnoxious way.  I blended it onto my skin as a contour to Love's True Kiss and around my hairline/jawline in the photo below:


You can see how wearable these products are- even up close.  Great thing is- they're affordable  at $5.90 for a 10 g jar and come with 1 tsp or approx. 4 g of product (MAC Mineralize blushes are 3.5 g for comparison).  That's a steal and you can get 2 for 1 MAC product with very comparable (if not better) payoff.  I recommend using an angled fluffier blush brush for even application and blending of mineral blushes.

See anything you love?  Or are you like me where they all look good?  Darling Girl is a great company with some delicious goodies to choose from.  Let me know if you pick any up!

Have a great day,
T

Photobucket

3 comments:

Susan Woodall said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely swatches, so happy you are pleased with everything. :)

Emily♥ 에밀리 ♥エミリー said...

Great pics! I love DG blushes, they are the only blushes I use. I have a couple dozen shades but I probably use Neon Trees the most because it's just so perfect! My other faves are Cherry Bomb which is so gorgeous with a red lip, and Secret Star which is a perfect "just in from the cold" type of blush, very youthful! I don't think I have Paradise Pink yet though, definitely need to try it!

Baroque In Babylon said...

Susan- you are welcome, honestly the quality and color formulation are so well done. Always top notch. Thank you!!

Emily- I haven't tried Cherry Bomb or Secret Star. I have a feeling I'm going to be 'collecting' DG blushes/bronzers now. I just love every one.