Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Sexiest, Most Beautiful Red Lip Gloss on the Planet: Hourglass Lip Gloss in Siren! Review + Swatches!

That's right!  This is only a gloss.  Meeeow!
Hi there!

HOLY GUACAMOLE!  I never thought I'd find such a gorgeous red lipgloss.  I mean there are formulas out there that are nice- they shine, maybe have some glitter- but nothing looks like fire on wheels like this lip gloss-

Gorgeous, metallic, ruby red lips that would make Marie Antoinette's wig fall off?

You betcha!

Take a look-

Siren by Hourglass
Siren, by Hourglass

Retails for nearly thirty clams, which is rather ridiculous for a lipgloss, however, the formula and color are incredible.  So instead of buying 3 rather meh glosses, save for this and you will not be sorry.  Here's a little video for you- wahoo, my first!

)

Available HERE for $28.00 US.  Also available at Sephora.

Ingredients:
Octyldodecanol, Diisostearyl Malate, Ethyl Cellulose, Isostearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Dilinoleyl Alcohol, Stearoxymethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Silica, Castor (Ricinus Communis) Seed Oil, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Phellodendron Amurense (Amur Corktree) Bark Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491 & Ci 77492), Mica (Ci 77019), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15350), Carmine (Ci 75470), Tin Oxide (Ci 77861), Red 36 Lake (Ci 12085), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985). 
Here are some swatch photos-  yes, the gloss really looks like that in regular ol' daylight.


I love how I can't seem to decide if lip gloss is two words or one-  tomayto, tomato.  Meh, over it.






There are some downsides to this incredible color.  I mean, yes, yes it's gorgeous and metallic, like that Chevy Bel-Air you always wanted with the chrome and big leather seats (er, maybe that's just me) BUT it's not as easy to get perfect as you would think.  Here are some goof-proof tips for getting your Siren on:

1.  Exfoliate- the last thing you want is this clinging to your wintery bits on your lips.

2.  This will stick to your teeth- so do something, vaseline, I dunno...but be warned, you could be all sexy-like and give a big grin and look like you been chewin' paint chips.  Consider yourself warned!

3.  It takes some layering to get this bold opaque look- it tends to smear a tad, so be patient.  It's a bit patchy as well, so put on a nice, matte red lipstick or fully line your lips to have a base color for the gloss to affix to.  Wax on/wax off with the layering and you'll be okay.

4.  Wear good undies.  Your lips will attract anyone and everything, you don't want to be caught unawares with your grungy hunners on.  Bust out your best Dita Von Teese and wear something lacy.  It's shameful to wear such a lovely gloss with your granny briefs underneath.

5.  Wear a liner- I used MAC's Cherry.  You don't want this to be smearing all over.  Courtney Love, you are not.

The formula isn't sticky, there is little to no scent and it tends to stay on for at least 3 hours, sans eating/drinking.  I don't have any genuine complaints other than you have to layer it carefully and make sure it's not patchy.

I will say again that yes, the price is steep, but this is Hourglass we're talking about.  They like to be expensive because they figure we suckers will dole out the bucks for their amazing products- and we do! But with a mouth like this, you really won't care how much you spent.  I promise.

Have a great day,
T

Photobucket

2 comments:

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

This looks awesome on you! I bought this a long time ago but it is not quite the right shade for me.

Baroque In Babylon said...

Oh dang- I would think with your skin and hair it would look perfect. I'll take your tube- email me if you want to swap or I can pay you.