Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Matching MAC Lip Trios: Liner, Lipstick, and Gloss in Dynamo Pro Longwear, All Fired Up, and Cremesheen Fever Isle!

My mug wearing MAC's Dynamo, All Fired Up, and Fever Isle

Hi there!

I am still on my matching lip set kick.  I love the finished feel of using a liner, applying lipstick, and using a shiny gloss.  It feels oh so complete.

A great lip combo I love is a bright, blue based pink with a lot of pigment- it really is a punchy bright pink!

MAC Matching Lip Trio

Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Dynamo, $19.50 for 1.2g "Intense pink cream"

Dynamo, courtesy of MAC
Dynamo, courtesy of MAC
Matte lipstick in All Fired Up, $16.00 for 3g "Bright fuchsia matte"

I'd also like to announce that for once MAC's online swatches don't totally lead you astray.  In this case, what you see is what you'll get- a nice group of vivid pink.

All Fired Up, Courtesy of MAC
All Fired Up, Courtesy of MAC
Cremesheen Glass in Fever Isle, $20.00 "Bright red coral"

Pfft MAC, bright red?  Coral?  Can't we just be honest with each other- I mean we are friends...this is a hot pink with a bit of shimmer.  Let's be real, shall we?  Okay if I'm being nice there is a small, tiny salmon to it...but only if you are in an orange room with an orange light wearing orange glasses.  See, I can compromise.

Fever Isle, courtesy of MAC
Fever Isle, courtesy of MAC
Here are the products in the flesh, er....plastic-



Swatches on bare skin, natural sunlight.


Here are swatches of the trio as they build.  I start with the lip pencil.  This is a slightly less creamier formula than the standard lip pencils.  They also cost a little more and are slightly shorter.  So in a sense you're getting less for your money for a formula that might last longer.  Big emphasis on might.  However, the standard lip pencils are sorely lacking in a bright magenta and unless you get the chromagraphic, Dynamo is your only fuchsia option.  So I took it- and it's quite pretty!


Next up, I layered All Fired Up on top.  The lip pencil is lighter in color which for me is usually a no-no, but they pair so beautifully it's hardly an issue.  All Fired Up is a super-bright matte that is really amazing.  I prefer it over Impassioned or any other hot mama pink I own.  The matte finish is a nice plus to this shade. It's less likely to feather but can be slightly drying.  I use a bit of balm on dry patches to help with that. Otherwise, it's pretty much a swipe and go type of color.




The last step is to apply Fever Isle.  It's not a glittery lip gloss and Cremesheen is an apt moniker- you get a creamy formula that unlike the lipglasses, aren't sticky.  I know they're more expensive for not much more, but I do like this clean bright color.  It goes well and doesn't have the slightly violet undertone Pink Poodle has.




If you're on the hunt for a bright pink to welcome Spring- this is a great combo!  All products I purchased with my PRO account.  Hope you loved this lip trio too.  If so, maybe we're suckers for hot pink together.  I don't mind, there's room in the club for all of us!

Have a great day,
T
Photobucket

2 comments:

Jewellsparkle said...

Haha I love that swatch with the 'attitude' lips.

Baroque In Babylon said...

@Jewell- thank you! I hate it when posts look all smarmy and super 'done'....I need to be more me and have fun with it.