Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Nyx Raisin and Decadent Round Lipsticks- Deep Plum or Oxblood Colored Sexy Lip and JustFab STEAL!

Hi there!

I was just astounded at how beautiful the mix of Nyx's Round lipsticks in Raisin and Decadent were when I saw them on Lexi's blog- the picture that blew my mind is this one-  I had to find out how to get this beautiful oxblood or deep plum colored mouth.

Lexi's Blog Post

I was so inspired that I purchased the two simply to get this beautiful color.  Here is my result below:



I was heading out wearing this combo and even though it was at night and a bit dark, with a flash you can see how velvety deep the color is.


Color swatch below.  I used Decadent (a deeper shade) to 'line' my lips and filled in the rest with Raisin.
The result is an opaque oxblood color that is perfect for Fall and Winter.  I could see this with a rosy cheek and a gleaming pewter eye and silky hair.  No gloss is needed as the Round lipsticks are famously slick.  
With a flash, the color is less maroon and more red toned.  In real life, it's deep and almost merlot.


Oh how I love this color combo!  Thanks Lexi for inspiring me as I doubt I'd ever have put these two together on my own.  These are the color swatches given at Cherry Culture, but I think they are much deeper and less brown in person.

Raisin

Decadent


In my office where I took these photos, the in-room yellow light wasn't the best and that's what keeps the shade looking more black toned- but the mystery of it is what thrills me.  Is it dark red?  Is it wine?


This has been my lip color discovery over the past 2 weeks and I'm wearing it until I get it out of my system.  Is there a color that you can't get enough of too?  Great news though- Nyx is 20% off at Cherry Culture right now.  You can get both of these colors for $7.00 ($3.50 ea)- wahoo!  However, Cherry Culture has Decadent spelled as Decandent, but hey- life happens.

Here are some pics from Tumblr celebrating oxblood- I wish I had a leather jacket and boots and a big purse in this color.  I'm a sucker for deep, red leather.

Tumblr
Tumblr
Kate Bosworth looks incredible.  The ombre fringed dress, the deep oxblood lips, and metallic clutch.  Be still my beating heart!

Tumblr
Tumblr
And in a perfect world when I am rich, fabulous, and drowning in diamonds, I'll own a Celine bag like this.

Tumblr

So after drooling over that Celine bag, I headed over to JustFab to check out my account and lo and behold I found these two beauts!  Capital satchel in oxblood and Vanna platform pump in Wine....ooh la la!

Capital Handbag from JustFab

Vanna pump from JustFab

Best part about it is that I got both for $14.95.  YEP!  Under $20!  The shoes and purse both retail for $39.95 each, but with a discount and the heels being on sale....the grand total was $14.95 and free shipping.  

In case you've wondered after seeing the ads on Facebook if it's a ripoff- I've ordered four pairs of boots from JustFab and the customer service has been great.  I highly recommend if you want a monthly shoe/handbag service.  Go HERE to join and get some goodies!

Oh oxblood, I love you!

Have a great day,
T

Photobucket

3 comments:

Geniewtdbh said...

I love a good dark red lip color too!!!

XOXO Jeannie
www.paintedpinkies.blogspot.com

Baroque In Babylon said...

Thank you! Nothing is as sexy as a dark lip- I agree with you, love it!

steve l said...

I love the boots