Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Perfect Deep Berry Red Lipstick: Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick in Color #107


Hi there!

I have been hunting for a beautiful deep berry red.  It can't be too purple or too dark.  Or too pink.  I was peeking through the Rimmel section of my local Wal-Mart and picked up the Lasting Finish By Kate lipstick in shade #107.  The link leads you to Walgreens' website.



That big maroon square is a liar by the way.  My beautiful lipstick looks nothing like it.  Instead it's more like the tube above- a berry kissed merlot.

The lipstick is described as: Be Iconic - Make the Ordinary Extraordinary- Sumptuously Rich Matte Colour with a sublime comfort. Ruby Powder enriched formula. Intense velvet colour all day!

Kate is wearing #107, meow!

I didn't know about the ruby powder bit...um, well I guess that's a perk...BUT in reality, this lipstick out performs my MAC ones and I definitely want a few more.  I might toss some of my older lipsticks and keep this collection as my 'go to'.  This shade is absolutely a stunner.

Ingredients:  ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, CETYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, KAOLIN, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CANDELILLA CERA/ EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/ CIRE DE CANDELILLA, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, POLYETHYLENE, CERESIN, AQUA/WATER/EAU, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, TOCOPHEROL, AMETHYST POWDER, DIAMOND POWDER, RUBY POWDER, SAPPHIRE POWDER, TIN OXIDE. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), D&C RED NO. 7 CALCIUM LAKE (CI 15850), FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 15985), D&C RED NO. 6 BARIUM LAKE (CI 15850), FD&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 19140), D&C RED NO. 27 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 45410), CARMINE (CI 75470), D&C RED NO. 33 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 17200), FD&C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 42090)].

I was so in love with it, I've changed my every day makeup.  Below is my go-to-school face with a bit darker brows because I wanted to practice them and post on the blog.  I normally don't have brows this dark.  To try this, I used CoverGirl's Perfect Blend pencil in Mink and used the smudger on the end to blur the edges a bit.  But I wanted to use a neutral base to accent the dark, rich lip.  I think this color is perfect.

Look how bright and pretty #107 is!  Usually such a dark color looks garish, but this is so wearable and chic.  It's my new favorite lipstick.  When I'm feeling ghetto I like to call it Bangin' Berry.  Which was like once and then my kids looked at me.  So yeah...






Products for this look:

Face
Primer, Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel
Foundation, Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation #44
Powder, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade
Highlight, MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl
Highlight powder, MAC Iridescent powder in Silver Dusk
Bronzer, Urban Decay Baked

Cheeks
Contour, Urban Decay Baked bronzer
Blush, Mary Kay Sunny Spice blush
Warmer blush, MAC Pink Swoon

Lips
Liner, Jordana Tawny lip pencil
Lipstick, Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate #107
Gloss, Rimmel Stay Glossy in Timeless Allure

Eyes
Primer, Concealer #4 Coastal Scents in GoPod
Eyeshadows:  Coastal Scents 28 Neutral Palette
Liner (top), L'Oreal Intense Lineur in Black
Liner (bottom), Rimmel Kohl Kajal in Black
Mascara, L'Oreal Voluminous mixed with L'Oreal Telescopic

Random thought: When I last had my Sephora haul I picked up a teensy Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb bottle.  Oh my HEAVENS but it smells good!  I doused a bunch on my neckline, hoping my husband will come home and ask what it is.  I really love the smell of it.  Is there a perfume you're loving most right now?

Sorry, back to the lipstick!

It cost me around $4.80 or so at Wal-Mart and applies like a satin finish.  It's a bit gritty, but it's not rough- I hope that makes sense.  Just don't expect an oilier formula like  Nyx Round or a MAC Cremesheen.  It almost feels matte but has more lustre.  When I was looking for a gloss, my absolute favorite (even above lipglasses) is the Rimmel Stay Glassy formula.  Timeless Allure was a perfect match and these two together make the perfect fall lip!

I can't say enough about this lipstick, it lasts through lunch and doesn't bleed.  I usually swipe 2 times to get a nice opaque finish and it's very, very flattering.  I could see anyone wearing this.  Hope you like it as much as I do!

Have a great day,
T

Photobucket

4 comments:

Meg said...

I love this one too!! I actually got it from Influenster and thought it would be too dark at first, but after trying it out I fell in love. Amazing color, and amazing formula!

Baroque In Babylon said...

Hi Meg! I'm so glad you liked it. I really hem hawed in the store. I couldn't make up my mind. Try the Stay Glossy in Timeless Allure with it. It's a mind blower.

Kyllie said...

Lo tengo y me encanta, es uno de mis labiales favoritos.
Muak!

Baroque In Babylon said...

Gracias Kyllie- es una favorito por mio tambien.