Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Gift Wrap: Marie Antoinette Inspired Fabric



Hi there!

I'm in love with the good life from long ago.  I love stiff old paper and leaky pens and wax seals.  I adore gold leaf and soft fur.  There is a piece of my heart that jumps at cabbage rose fabric and houndstooth wool.  Part of this affinity for beauty lends itself to making a presentation of a present.  It's a small way to make something beautiful without spending a lot.  I feel like a beautifully wrapped gift can express the care you took to share something with someone.

I'm weak in the knees for beautiful gift wrap.  I love it thick and heavy with deep creases when you fold it.  If you add velvet or glitter, I love it more.  If you combine Marie Antoinette, I love it best!

Below is a graphic reprint to look like embroidery in a very similar pattern to Marie Antoinette's fabric in her bedroom in Versailles.  I love the vibrant aubergine, yellow, pink, and teal.  I hope to have it made into curtains for my dining room.  Hooray!  But for a much, much cheaper price I ordered it as gift wrap.

It will come to me in a sheet about 3 feet long, with a repeat pattern like this:


The faux embroidered design was a concept by Bonnie Phantasm and she has a shop on Zazzle and Cafepress where you can get everything from a trucker cap (um, no) to a queen size duvet.

A large sheet of the pattern is below:

Phantasm Designs

A close up to see the 'embroidered' effect:


Phantasm Designs

The original fabric looks like this (images courtesy of Google):




Sophia Coppola film, Marie Antoinette starring Kirsten Dunst (filmed at Versailles)

via Tumblr

I seriously am so excited to get peacock feathers, velvet ribbon and bust out some glitter.  Look out Christmas!

Have a great day,
T

Photobucket

No comments: