Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Wet N' Wild Color Icon Nude Awakening Palette: Swatches and Review of Some GORGEOUS Nude Eyeshadows- At the Drugstore!




Hi there!

In the Spring of 2013 I was knee deep in my nursing studies and completely missed Wet N' Wild's Spring Limited Edition palettes!  Say what?!  After seeing great swatches online, I realized that one of them was a must-have for me.  I've been on a neutral shadow collecting binge for a while, so this was a great little find-

Behold the Wet N' Wild Color Icon limited edition palette in NUDE AWAKENING.

Alright, who names this stuff though?  Seriously, as in waking up nude- or waking up to nude eyeshadows...I dunno, I think it's all a spinoff of Urban Decay's Naked 1 and 2 palettes.  Still cheezy though.  But that's it's name, so there you have it.

Here is a quick look I did using the Nude Awakening palette.

I used the dark grey mixed with the left 'eyelid' color to make a nice, metallic taupe.  That went all over my lid up over the crease.  To blend that at the crease and up into the browbone, I used the left 'crease' color.  It's similar to MAC's Swiss Chocolate.  On the browbone I used, you guessed it, the lighter ivory 'highlight' shade.  The black bottom right color I used to set my eyeliner which is MAC's Fluidline gel liner in Blacktrack.  Mascara is L'Oreal Telescopic in Black.  Lips are Nyx's round lipstick in Sky Pink (barely any on) and a clear Milani gloss.  The blush is MAC's Dainty mineralize blush.


Here are some more photos of the pans and each shade foiled (water based) into swatches on my hand.  These colors took a few swipes to get a nice solid swatch of color, but over a primer they perform beautifully.  You don't have a lot of crumbly fallout and they blend nicely without getting muddy.  I am always surprised at these $5 Wet N' Wild palettes performing like $15 MAC eyeshadows.

Here is a little closeup of the shadows in the pan.  Glittery a bit, yes?  Well don't worry, it's not glittery on your eyes, just a bit of shimmer and not metallic.  I'd say they compare to a Satin MAC eyeshadow.

My phone took the photo below and it looks all wobbly, like you're dreaming of eyeshadow...wooooo....getting...sleeeepy....


Here are the swatches!  Top row are the left shades beginning with 'browbone' shade and ending at definer.  The bottom row is the left side of the palette, also beginning at the browbone shade and ending with the definer.


Below is a more direct sunlight shot.  You can see it lightens the colors and they aren't as warm.  Still very opaque and neutral though.



So there you have it!  Please give this palette a chance.  Or really, any of the Wet N' Wild palettes.  I know some of you might still feel that drugstore or cheap makeup is 'less than' something like MAC, but honestly, if the eyeshadows perform beautifully- isn't it better if you paid less?!

These retail for around $5 at Walgreens, Wal-Mart, CVS etc, if you go back in time to March 2013.  You can get yours now on Amazon for around $18- or Ebay if you can find a good deal.

Be forewarned though if you google 'Nude Awakening' you might get more eye poppin' than swatches!  It's worse if you add Wet N' Wild- seriously what were they thinking?  But you can find it if you look, just add palette to be safe.  To spare you the burning of ye eyeballz- here's a LINK to find this palette on Amazon.  Goodness knows I don't want your husbands asking why you googled 'Nude Awakening' and then you blame me!

Have a great day,
T

Photobucket

No comments: