Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sketch a Day Journal: Inspired by Kat Von D's Spellbinding Palette

Hi there!

I've been trying to salvage my drawing/art skills while I'm in school.  I'm not formally trained and it's a hobby at best, but I know if I don't practice, I won't be able to draw after a while.  

I noticed Kat Von D was posting on Instagram her Sketch a Day journal.  I thought, 'Well dang!  That's a great idea!"  I bought it and it came yesterday in the mail, so I've been trying to actually draw something since I've had it for 2 days.

I love the drawings Kat posts and I wanted to use something of hers to start with.  Here is my take on Kat Von D's Spellbinding palette artwork.  This is day #2.



The top photo is the final one, the trio above was about 3/4 of the way done.  I did some more shading and what not to finish it up.  I'm happy with it.

Day #1 was a sketch of my cat after after being furminated.  He doesn't like it.  His winter coat is coming in and he's a sneaky little guy who likes to get outside and mat up his fur with stickers.  So I brushed him with his furminator brush and he was most glum about it.  The brush gets the undercoat out and is great for attacking what I call 'stinkies' in the cat's fur.


My poor pets!

Any talents you wish you could brush up on?  I'm just hoping that I don't lose the creative side of me while studying science.  I am trying to be more balanced.

Have a great day,
T
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your style is so unique in comparison to other folks I have
read stuff from. I appreciate you for posting when you've got
the opportunity, Guess I'll just book mark this web site.

My page ... more info