Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Royal Blue Highlights In My Hair- I'm a Blue Hair!

Hi there!

Okay so I went to my new hairgal to fix my I-color-at-home yellow hair.  School doesn't lend itself well to getting regular appointments at the salon, so my hair was so bad.  I was cutting it myself and dying it at home with L'Oreal boxed color.  Not that you can't pull that off- but blonde is tricky.  You're always one step away from liquor store blonde and that is NOT my look.

So I told my new found hair friend to give me blonde highlights and chocolate lowlights with purple.

Instead, I got BLUE!



She bought Violet hair dye (bottle shown below a few pics down) and when it was all said and done, I had royal blue streaks that spark bright blue in the sun.  It's not going to last forever, but I actually like it a lot.  She cut my hair with an asymmetrical bang and touched up the layers I had somehow chopped into my hair.

What do you think?





 Violet, my eye- this is straight up blue!


I feel so much happier with having my hair done.  Like a lot of women and moms, I always put myself last.  I mean yeah, I hoarde up makeup, but that's different from feeling good enough about who you are to put effort into yourself.  My scientific approach to eyeshadow palettes does not equate into well styled mama.  So it's been fun today to swish my hair and feel pretty.

I think we're going to keep trying for the purple hair- next time.  But for now, I'm blue!

Have a great day,
T

P.S.  Like a dork, I deleted my blog photos off of my phone which syncs to my blog- I will fix it soon :)
Photobucket

2 comments:

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I think that looks really cool! I love when something doesn't turn out the way you intended but looks awesome anyway.

Baroque In Babylon said...

Thank you! I'm really liking it. I think I might go more aubergine next time. I'm fighting my age lol.