Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Juicy Lips For Hours and Hours With Jordana Twist and Shine Moisturizing Lip Balm Stain - Swatches and Review of 5 Shades!

Hi there!

Okay, so YouTube has been taunting me with these glossy tubes of lip color!  I keep seeing rave reviews and the brand is hold up, Jordana.  Yes, dollar store cheap Jordana!  But suddenly it's pulling a Wet N' Wild and going far beyond it's usual realm of drugstore clearance aisle and really pulling out the stops.  These lip balms are so much more than what you'd think- Jordana came out with these lip tubes of happiness that haven't had me this excited since Revlon's Lip Butters!

Yeah, lovin' the Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Lip Balm Stain!

You can get them for $2.99 at Walgreens.  Seriously, three bucks.  They're rated 4.5 on Makeup Alley too, which means they hold up to the hype.  These are deceptively almost identical (like creepy identical) to Revlon's Just Bitten lip stains.  Again, I swear the theory I have of 5 factories in China making every cosmetic item to be resold.....but seriously....Revlon's Bitten Stains are like $8 each around here.  Jordana- $3?!  That's like BOGO!

Just for comparison's sake, here is the Jordana Twist & Shine:

And here is the Revlon Just Bitten:



Same concept, nearly identical in size and width and product....but the price is so much in Jordana's favor.  Also the Revlon stains are a bit minty, but the Jordana ones have a sweet scent- not cloying, just pleasant.  I've passed on the Revlon ones for hoarding and have fallen in love with their more affordable twin, Jordana's Twist & Shine balms.

Because I loved them so vurrry much, I picked up 5- yep, 5.  I grabbed everything from a shimmery nude, dusky mauve, rich berry, red, and flaming, sexy hot fuschia pink!

Looksee:


Straight from Jordana's website is the following about the product:

Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain
• Moisturizing Balm Infused with a Light-Weight Stain
• Applies with a Glossy Finish then Transforms into the Perfect Flush of     Color
• Long-Lasting
• Retractable, No Sharpening Required
• Paraben-Free
• Made in USA 
NET WT 0.095 OZ / 2.7g
Available in 8 Shades
Price: $2.99
Quantity:

Nude Chic



Sweet Pink



Tropical Frenzy



Candied Coral


Quantity:

Honey Love



Cranberry Crush



Rock N Rouge




Terra Crave

I highlighted the five I have:  Nude Chic, Tropical Frenzy, Honey Love, Cranberry Crush, and Rock N' Rouge.  The other three weren't at the Walgreens by my home, so I skipped those.

Here are some swatches so you can check out these pretty lip balms.  I love how my text editing went all wonky.  But that's how my brain works when looking at these- all the words tumble together and it's love!


Before I dig into color and such, let me tell you how these apply.  They are juicy, slick, and slide on like a balmy pencil.  It's almost like a glossy lipliner in a crayon shape.  You twist the bottom to 'sharpen' and get more product as the top wears down.  Yes, there is logic to the name 'twist and shine'.

But the best part is, they're buildable and last for hours.  They don't dry my lips per se, but the skin feels tighter as though I need to reapply more.  But when I look in the mirror, the color payoff is still quite opaque.  I love how these don't feather into lines and have a shine to them without the stickiness of gloss.  These really are wonderful.

My take on the colors:

Nude Chic- a mauve toned nude with silver shimmer.  Think MAC oyster girl lipglass and Stone lip pencil blended together.  A great icy nude.
Honey Love- Lips but better rosy mauve.  My fave of the bunch.
Cranberry Crush- GREAT for fall!  Purple toned berry
Tropical Frenzy- Brilliant hot pink
Rock N' Rouge- Fiery true red


Below is a lip swatch of Honey Love.  It has a lovely pink tone to it that takes my naturally dark lip to a lighter, brighter rose.  I really think this could be versatile and work on just about anyone.


Overall, if you are looking for a new color to brighten your pout, try one of these.  For under $4, you really can't beat the payoff, color selection (there will be one you love) and they are just fun to wear.  I hope you'll enjoy this fun, affordable product as much as I have.

Have a great day,
T
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you to share with me. To get more information visit vegantreeowl@gmail.com