Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Silk Naturals Perfecting Glow Liberty + Heavenly: Swatch + Review!

Hi there!

Silk Naturals always has the most luscious glows.  They have a teensy amount of shimmer, but when I want to really make my skin look flawless (and boy it needs some major help sometimes) I reach for my Silk Naturals Date Bait.  But if I want a dewy, fabulous face I bust out the Glows.  What's a glow?  It's a product designed to reflect light in a way that makes your skin look fresh, glowing, soft- clean and young!  Silk Naturals has a few of these and for your viewing pleasure I'm offering 2 shades:  Liberty and Heavenly.

Here they are, two sisters in a jar.  One obviously has been hitting the tanning bed.



Liberty is a golden champagne color, designed to be a highlighting powder and offer a gleam to fresh skin.  Heavenly (MAC Stereo Rose dupe) is a warm red toned peach intended to be used on the perimeter of the face, as a blush, or a finishing powder for darker skin tones.  Both have micro fine shimmer, not glitter, that will give your skin a flattering gleam that bounces light.

Here's how Silk Naturals describes these little babies:

Liberty: Liberty is a light shimmery golden perfecting glow. It's being used all over as a finishing powder, as a highlighter- pretty much anywhere you want a little bit of golden shimmer.  It's not over the top-just enough to give you a subtle glow.

Pefecting Glows are a cross between our regular Perfecting Powder and a Glow- they're very closely related to Bare Escentual's Radiance powders and give your skin a nice healthy look.  There is a good amount of silica in it which is going to help control oil, and hide pores.   

Ingredients: Mica, Silica, Calcium Carbonate, Iron Oxides, Tin Oxide

Full size is 1.5 teaspoons in a 10 gram sifter jar.  Samples are 1/4 teaspoon in a 5 gram jar.

Vegan & Gluten Free 10g jar $6.50

Heavenly: Heavenly is a very pretty peach color with hints of gold sparkle- it's not glittery, but gives you a subtle glow. A little dab is all you need to transform your look.It is a clone of MAC's Stereo Rose Mineralize Skin Finish

Ingredients:  Mica, silk powder, silica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides

A note about clones:  We clone products so you can have the colors that you love, but with much better ingredients.  Because we don't use talc, bismuth oxychloride, binders, petroleum products or preservatives in our color formulas there may be some slight differences between the original and the SN clone.   

Full size is 1-1/2 teaspoons in a 10-gram sifter jar.  Samples are 1/8 teaspoon in a 5-gram jar.

Gluten Free (NOT Vegan because it contains silk powder).  10g jar $7.50 ($1 more than Liberty)

Both jars below are the full sizes- they're fairly decent and I don't see myself running out anytime soon.



Get a little bit closer now.


Liberty up close- you can see it's a decent dupe of Ben Nye's Banana Powder except it's not a matte finishing powder.  I think this really helps wake up  your face and sets concealer wonderfully as it's not too shimmery but seems to just brighten  your face.



Heavenly up close.  This is such a pretty product.  It almost has a golden undertone when you apply it, which is very flattering.  I'm NC15 (er, pale) and I have successfully used this as a bronzer and a beneath-the-blusher shade to boost my cheek color.  I do  have to be sparing with this to avoid looking sunburned- but if you're darker than I am, you can probably be more eager with using this product.


Here you can see the base color of the powders- soft champagne and warm bronze.



Swatches are on my hand, natural light and without flash (unless indicated).  These are dry swatches and foiled, so you can see it blended and more concentrated.  Heavenly almost looks metallic, but it sheers beuatifully.  Left side swatches are dry, right are wet.




With flash, to show color as well.


I think Heavenly has a peach cast to it that is so flattering!




I own MAC Stereo Rose and I plan to dupe these.  I've used Heavenly often when I'm creating a look and here are links below:

Spring Look

Camera Dump

Neutral Urban Decay look using Heavenly as blush

Taupe eyes with Teal liner, Heavenly to contour

Eyelash Jewelry + Ombre lip look

Soft makeup look

I've used Heavenly a lot and frankly, I forgot with all my jars that Liberty was hanging out in one of my drawers all by its lonesome.  That jar needs more love!  I need to use what I have.  I get so caught up in new collections and duping products that I forget to use what I own.  Do you do that too?  I keep telling myself instead of buying, I should just organize my junk.  It's like shopping at my house- I find stuff I didn't realize I had and think, "Oh, hooray"!  Good grief, how silly is that?  Ah well.  I'm like a goldfish- every 5 minutes it's a brand new world when I dig through my stash.

Hope you have a great day,
T
Photobucket

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Silk Naturals have such gorgeous stuff! I love both of these.

Joy said...

So pretty! Love both colors!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

OMG I always forget I have stuff, it is just terrible! When you can shop in your own drawers you may have a problem, lol! I am a fan of Silk Naturals, they do a really nice job of making high quality indie products.

Baroque In Babylon said...

Ha ha! I love Silk Naturals. I always am reminded of how nice their products are when I use them. I just bought one of their bronzers and I hope to try it as a cheaper alternative to my Nars Laguna. Oh I have a problem, makeup keeps me sane when I'm swamped with school/life. I need to post a stash pic- it will be shameful.

Baroque In Babylon said...

@Joy Thank you! I love them both- they're surprisingly wearable even though I'm so pale.

Baroque In Babylon said...

@Robyn, I completely agree- Karen is wonderful and I love her stuff.