Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sephora Harmony Face Powder in Let's Dance: Swatch + Review!

Hi there!

You're not going to believe this, but I dropped my camera and it's broken.  I nearly died.  It was last Sunday and I came home early from Church to start a dinner for my husband's birthday and as I was walking on our wood floors, my heel skid and clumsy me tried to grab the counter, dropping the camera onto our hardwood.  The lens made a weird mechanical whirr as it tried to recess back into the frame of the camera and it beeped.  It was the dang beep of death!  So now it tries to turn on and reads, "lens error".  Sooo....I have to buy a new camera.  My ASUS will take pictures, but as its new I don't know how to email them quite yet so I know I'm not without a camera- but sigh, it's not the same.  Upside, we'll get a new camera.  Downside, that'll be a while.

Soooo using some older swatch photos to post today!  I bought this when it was on sale for a crazy $3.00 at Sephora (website).  They don't offer these anymore and I ordered it thinking it'd be the size of a MAC blush, right?  Wouldn't you?  So imagine my shock when I opened this sucker and it was as big as my hand!  It's a monstro bronzer!

Seriously, huge!

It comes in a round black shiny plastic case with the Sephora 'S' on the front.


The back shows the info and ingredients.  14.7g, good grief!  It's a beast!


Better look at the ingredients.


When you flip open the sleek clamshell, the product is a 5 tone horizontal bronzer that has rounded stripes for each shade.  The top of the lid has a huge mirror.  This thing isn't necessarily purse friendly, but it's the Titanic of bronzers, so if you want a bigger mirror, this one is a great find.


The hills of the product.  It's quite pretty.  It ranges from a soft champagne beach, peachy pink, coral, frosty tan, and a taupe bronze.


The texture is similar to a baked product for some of the strips and for others like an eyeshadow, soft and silky.


There is a slight pearl to every shade.  It doesn't have shimmer per se, zero glitter- but it has an iridescence that could be flattering.  If you're looking for a matte multi-colored bronzer, steer clear of this.  Actually I'm not sure if Sephora even carries this anymore.  It's a relic!


The first shade I was excited about.  It looked like a pretty highlighter.  But alas, it was so hard to swatch.  My first attempt barely pulled up any product and I had to rub over and over to get any payoff.  Suddenly that $3 price tag was becoming crystal clear.  Could this bronzer redeem itself?


Was the second pink shade any better?  NO.  See below?  You get virtually nothing.  I was bummed because you need a lighter shade sometimes to balance a bronzer out.  Knowing I wouldn't get this pretty color or the highlighter not even with a lot of work made me think maybe this was a dud.  Let's move on to the next shades and see if this gets better.  But 2 out of 5 isn't exactly stellar.


The third shade pulled up a pretty peach pearl color.  Yes!  Hardly any effort and you get a nice swipe of product.  Gratefully, this looks on the skin exactly as it does in the pan.  This could be a blush or a highlighter, but I plan to use this product as a whole, blending the colors.  Let's keep movin'!


The 4th color was the best- look at that!  It's a great shimmering bronze tan and was wonderfully pigmented.  Dang how I was the others were this way.


Fortunately, the final shade was not pearly and was more of a matte taupe.  That final color is what kept me from sending this to my daughter to play with.  It is light enough to balance it all out.


When you swipe your hand across the product the final combination is a deep pearled bronze.  You can see the most pigmented 4th color is the heavy hitter.  Maybe when the top baked layers wear down this product will improve.  I've noticed that with some of the more coarse textured products.  It's almost like you have to break that first layer to get it to perform.  So for $3 was this worth it?  Yes, for the mirror alone.  For the product, I wouldn't have paid full price but I am okay with it, considering.


Final glance at the bronzer in the pan, post swatch.  You can see which shades are softest, by the imprint of my finger.


Do you have any multi-colored bronzers like this?  I haven't purchased any of the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks that are the mainstay of this type of product.  I do have some of the Physician's Formula ones, which I've reviewed.  The link to that is below.


I do love this sort of thing.  You can deepen or lighten the color depending on how you use it.  However, I've had this for about a year now and haven't used it once.  Oy vey- my stash is so neglected.  I have a caboodle (yeah, high school makeup box!) that is chock full of MAC and Nars that I use and this just sits.  I need to use my stash.  Do you do that too?  Maybe we can work on that together.  

So overall for this product, I don't love it, I don't hate it.  It's a product I can't seem to toss because I paid for it- but I still have it and don't know why, lol.  I think perhaps I'll give it some love this weekend.  Find a lonely product in your stash and let's show them some daylight!

Have a great day,
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find
It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.


my page: Glitter Shoes gold

Anonymous said...

You made some really good points there. I checked on the internet for more information
about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this website.



Also visit my web site: crystal bags

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
Look advanced to more added agreeable from you!
However, how could we communicate?

Feel free to visit my blog post; bling iphone 5s cases

Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this website.
It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's very hard to get that
"perfect balance" between usability and visual appeal.
I must say you have done a amazing job with this. Additionally, the blog loads super quick for me
on Safari. Superb Blog!

Feel free to visit my web-site cheap kitchen faucets canada