Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Darling Girl Cosmetics: Fantasia Duochrome Blush and Pretty Mistake Eyeshadows: Review + Swatches!

Hi there!


I ordered from Darling Girl Cosmetics a few months ago and was so intrigued by their duochrome blush in the peachy violet shade Fantasia.  A duochrome blush?  Are you kidding?  I love anything that shifts in the light and if it's coral and shifting to pink- it's like makeup dreams come true.

In between all that peachy color shifting goodness, I have some of their "pretty mistakes".  They aren't the typical shade- they were touted as colors that didn't quite turn out or shades that weren't intended to be offered.  I wasn't sure what to expect but hot dang, these aren't mistakes at all.  They are wonderful and so vibrant.  I've seen Blix and Wendi (Makeup Zombie) post about Darling Girl and I just never ordered...but once this little gem of a haul showed up, I thought about DG, "Where have you been all my life"?

Here's my little stash of Darling Girl goodies next to Brad hawking Chanel on a Russian edition of Glamour.  Look away Brad, look away.




Swatches are foiled wet onto my hand in natural light.  From left to right they are:

Top Row
Pretty Mistake:  #30, 33, 35
Bottom Row
Pretty Mistake:  #100, #50


#30 is a teddy bear brown, #33 flashes a vivid azure blue, and #35 is a glinting yellow gold.


#100 is a violet lavender matte and #50 is a flashy brilliant white.  Probably one of the best opaque Indie makeup whites I've seen.


Here these little shimmer babies are via flash!




With this order I received Whiskey On A Sunday as a GWP with my full size Fantasia Blush.  I was bummed to get a full size blush in a 5 g jar as I love to keep my blushes in 10 g jars to distinguish them from shadows.  

If you order the blush now, you can get a 10 g jar- for $5.90, a really great deal!  I like the 10 g option as it's easier to dip my blush brushes into the top of as well.  I'm not a big fan of tapping pigment onto a palette and then sweeping it up, so bigger jars suit my application taste.


Ok honestly, hold the phone because LOOK at that GOLD!  Whiskey On a Sunday is hands down the richest most beautiful fiery sparking gold I've purchased.  It has these flecks of violet that really pop.  I did a gold comparison post a while ago and nothing made my jaw drop like this color (I link at the end of this post to my 55 shades of gold, keep reading if you'd like to check that out too).  

The crap thing is, I can't seem to find this shade on Darling Girl's site.  I wanted their color in Lap Dance too (an aqua violet duochrome)...but it seems once a shade is gone, it's gone.  I'm SO grateful I have this color since it's MIA.  Honestly, dip me in this and put me on a pedastal- gorgeous!


Another stunner is the duochrome blush in Fantasia.  It's so hauntingly beautiful.  When you apply it to your cheek it keeps it's lavender/pink shift, but isn't creepy.  You look ethereal.  What a great idea Darling Girl, to have duochrome blush!


In direct light Fantasia looks like a ripe peachy pink.  But shift into the shadow or different light and it deepens to coral, pink, and has a hint of lavender.



That Whiskey On a Sunday just won't give up- it's like molten 24K eyeshadow!


You can really see the violet sparks in Whiskey in this photo below.  I can't keep raving about this, but this color would make Cleopatra swoon- it's so vibrant.  This shade alone sold me on Darling Girl.  Love it.



 I swatched 55 other gold eyeshadow colors- go HERE to check them out.  Lots of different shade variations on one color.  It's crazy how many 'golds' you can get.

Overall I loved these shades.  So much so I started browsing through other blogs to get some swatches to base another order on.  I'm hoping to get my new little DG haul in the next couple of weeks.  I'll add it to my 'will post' pile.

See anything you like?  Have you shopped with Darling Girl before?  I'd love to hear your feedback and I hope you like them as much as I do.  I know it seems like I praise every product, but truly when it comes to Indie, so many companies knock it out of the park I can't help but be impressed.  Give Darling Girl a lookthrough- I recommed grabbing a sample set, just to see if you find something you'll love as well.

Have a great day,
T
Photobucket

2 comments:

Annelise said...

Whiskey n a Sunday was brought back as Mayors Daughter from the Only One Can Win

Baroque In Babylon said...

Thank you Annelise! I love DG and hope to order more. Welcome!