Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, March 11, 2013

Bright Pink Coral Lips with MAC Costa Chic, and Nyx Sand Pink Lip Pencil!

Hi there!

Oh boy is it time for pink and coral!  After daylight savings time, I was missing that hour of sleep and thought bright pink lipstick would perk me up on a Monday.  I paired MAC's Costa Chic (true coral) lipstick with Nyx's Sand Pink (tulip pink) slim lip pencil to create a pretty duochrome lip.  I also had a shimmery tube of Nyx's Aqua Luxe gloss in High Society burning a hole in my pocket, so that is making it's debut today too.  Be warned, it's shiny!

Here's how the lip sans gloss turned out:



The overall look is pretty simple and neutral.  Just some golden brown for the eyes and a pink flushed cheek.


The little flare of copper liner is MAC's fluidline in Rich Ground.  It's a bronzey golden brown liner that I think works great with blonde hair and blue eyes.  It helps wake up my face better than a darker, more chocolate brown.  And goodness knows on a Monday with 3 papers due I need me some wakin' up!  Curse you Daylight Savings Time!  



Lately my posts have been taken in the morning as the sun is coming up in my East facing window.  The light slowly gets cooler and adds a more blue cast to the photo.  Good morning to you from me!


A close up of the lip.  I love how the pencil is more violet and Costa Chic is a true orange/pink coral but looks crazy hot pink when mixed with the liner.


'Member how I mentioned I had that sneaky Nyx Aqua Luxe gloss waiting en que?  Here it is in the photo below.


Such a gorgeous, glittery, pink lip gloss, perfect for spring and those tulips coming up!  The shade is called High Society and Nyx describes it as: sheer pink with pink, gold, and opal glitter.  I like to think of it as MAC Nymphette circa 1984.  It's so glittery you almost want to hate it but can't help loving how sparkly it is.




Here's the color/tube from Nyx's site.  LOVE!

The gold isn't too bright in the gloss, but adds just enough dimension to keep it from being straight up glittery pink.


 This has been my favorite lip combo all weekend.  I love coral, but sometimes it's too orange.  By pairing it with a bright pink liner and a shimmery gloss it's just right.  Like Goldilocks' porridge of lip colors.


Here's the stuff I used for this look:

Face
Primer, Monistat Anti Chafing Gel
Foundation, Cinema Secrets #501-11
Powder, MAC Studio Fix Powder + Foundation NW15
Setting spray, MAC Fix + (not to set, just to keep the powdery look from going down)
Bronzer/Highlight, none really, just a bit of MAC's Beauty Powder in Shell

Cheeks
Blush, MAC Mineralize blush, Dainty
Highlight, J. Lynne Candlelight Glow

Lips
Liner, Nyx Slim Lip Pencil Sand Pink
Lipstick, MAC Costa Chic
Lip gloss, Nyx Aqua Luxe, High Society

Eyes
Primer, MAC Cream Color Base, Pearl
Lid, MAC Gleam
Crease, MAC Woodwinked
Outer V, MAC Satin Taupe
Brow bone/Inner eye, MAC Dazzlelight
Liner/Top, MAC Fluidline, Rich Ground
Liner/Bottom, MAC Eye Pencil, Teddy
Mascara, L'Oreal Telescopic (hate the brush, blah)
Brows, MAC Mystery

Jewelry
Necklace, Amrita Singh HERE

Have a great day,
T
Photobucket

No comments: