Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

MAC Blankety lipstick + Nyx Natural Lip Pencil: A Match Made in Heaven!

Hi there!

I had to do a coppery, rosy color to complement MAC Blankety and Nyx Natural Lip Pencil.  Blankety is a creamy, beige pink and Natural is a slightly more brown tone in the same family.

They make what I call "your lips but better."  That combo gives the appearance of a well put together face.  I lurves it.

Left is a more edited version of below.  I don't own Photoshop and sometimes I wish I could oomph out my pictures more.


Ces la vie, right?


The earrings and necklace I picked up at Target a while ago.  The goal for this look was pink, rosy, with touches of gold.  Meh to my camera that makes all of my close up shots have shadow placement that appears to be done by a 5 year old.


 I built the eye around MAC's Expensive Pink, a shimmery, coppery rose color.  I then blended a bit of Copperplate, a sooty charcoal brown into the outer V with MAC Shroom at the inset of my eyes to bling it a bit with a shimmery pale champage pop.  On the center of the lid, MAC All That Glitters.  I blended most of this with a Sonia Kashuk blending brush.

This makes Blankety really stand out.  I love how opaque and smooth that color is.  It's an Amplified Cream and although MAC's online swatch makes it look super mauve (see left), but on my lips it cools to a very beige pale pink.

I find that really pale colors like Myth, Hue, and Creme D' Nude all look chalky on me.  But not Blankety...like it's name it's the best thing for my lips since Snuggies met the couch.  I added some Oyster Girl lipglass on top, just to the bottom lip, to smooth out the line of Nyx's Natural Lip Pencil and blend it all in together.

I love rosy makeup- I think it's very healthy looking and flatters a lot of complexions.  I think it looks best on olive skin, but with my pink undertones, it looks fresh and I like it.




Here's what I used for this look:

Face
Foundation, Urban Decay Tinted Moisturizer, Light 
Concealer, MAC Studio Finish in NC15
Powder, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light 
Glow, MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl
Bronzer, Nars Laguna

Cheeks
Contour, Nars Laguna and Nyx Tango Bronzer Leopard Wants a Tan (HG product, truly)
Blush, Nars Sin
Highlight, Nars Albatross

Eyes
Primer, Nyx Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone
Lid and Under lower lashes, MAC Expensive Pink
Crease, MAC Copperplate
Inner corner, top and bottom, MAC Shroom
Center of lid, MAC Cranberry
Gold at center of lid, MAC All That Glitters
Liner/Tightline on top, MAC Feline Eye Kohl
Upper lashline, MAC Fluidline in Rich Ground
Mascara, L'Oreal Voluminous in Black

Lips
Liner, Nyx Long Lip Pencil in Natural
Lipstick, MAC Blankety
Lip gloss, MAC Oyster Girl lipglass

Would you go rosy too?  I'm so ready for Spring that I just had to bust out the pinks!  If I can't have roses in my garden I can have them on my cheeks.

Have a great day,
T
Photobucket

2 comments:

Tiffanie Michele said...

Gorgeous!!!

Baroque In Babylon said...

Tiff I love you! It made my night to see you yesterday. xoxoxo