Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, January 21, 2013

Nars Sin blush and MAC Love Goddess lipstick: Gorgeous together!


Hi there!

I had a recent Nars haul with two more coming that I'll post soon.  It's a few eyeshadows and blushes, with Laguna and Albatross too.  Why I waited so long to get those, I don't know.  But like everything else that is a standard beauty product icon, they are wonderful to use.  I did a look yesterday where I am trying to get my skin routine down.  I wanted a pink-berry lip and flushed cheeks with a simple, bright eye using winged liner.  

Here's the look from yesterday, my faves of it are the MAC Love Goddess lipstick from MAC + Marilyn collection from Christmas 2012 and Nars Sin blush.


 I was worried Nars Laguna would look muddy, but it's a good shade, even for my very pale skin.  I am still debating which brush to use, my options are:

1.  EcoTools bronzing brush
2.  MAC 129
3.  Sigma F82
4.  MAC 109
5.  Sonia Kashuk big powder brush
6.  Sonia Kashuk duo fibre stippling brush
7.  MAC 187

Which would you use?  I'm leaning toward the EcoTools or MAC 187..I'll do a couple of tests and see which I like best. I also ordered the angled kabuki from Sigma and the Psomething or other (geez, I don't even remember ha!) that is great for blending concealer.  Maybe the angled kabuki will be the holy grail brush for bronzer, we'll see!


I feel like I'm getting old- dang it!  I watch these 20-something YouTubers and think, oh to have 10 years back.  Facing 40 is no fun!

Below, close up of the lips.



Used for this look:

Primer
Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel all over face
Nyx eyshadow primer/base in Pearl, applied with mini foundation brush that I don't remember the actual name of (from Paris Presents set from Wal-Mart)

Foundation
Make Up For Ever 117, Marble, blended with Sigma F82
Cinema Secrets 500 shade (1123 on bottom of product code, the actual number wore off), blended with wet BeautyBlender

Concealer
MAC StudioFinish concealer in NC15, blended with BeauyBlender

Powder
MAC Mineralize in Lightscapade on T-zone, MAC 129 brush

Blush
Contour, Nars Laguna, with MAC 187 brush
Hollow of cheeks, Nars Sin, with MAC 109 brush
Highlight, Nars Albatross, with MAC 129 brush, above cheekbones, down nose and middle of forehead

Eyeliner/Mascara/Brows
Liner, MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Mascara, L'Oreal Collagen Ultra Volume (LOVE this, will review soon) in Black
Brows, MAC Mystery eyeshadow with MAC 266 angled brush and set with clear Maybelline mascara

Eyeshadow
Center of lid, MAC Gleam, MAC 216
Near tear duct and outer lid, MAC Cranberry, MAC 216
Inner corner of upper tear duct and very edge of outer V, MAC Deep Damson, MAC 239
Lower lashline, MAC Cranberry, MAC 219
Crease, MAC IdolEyes, MAC 224SE
Browbone, MAC Dazzlelight, MAC 224SE

Lips
Liner, Nyx long pencil in Auburn
Lipstick, MAC Love Goddess
Lip gloss, Nyx ultra shine gloss in Doll

I'm working on perfecting my skin routine and foundation as I have a lot of redness and super pale and 35.  So it's not so easy to spackle up anymore! :)  Hopefully soon, I'll get it down.  Crazy it's easier on other people sometimes than it is myself.

Have a great day!
T

Lotion I love today:  Bath and Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin
CD I love today:  Les Mis soundtrack, Broadway cast
Clothing item I love today:  My herringbone tights and oxblood t-strap mary janes, c'mon cold weather go away so I can wear them!






Photobucket

No comments: