Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, January 26, 2013

MAC February 2013 releases: Rebel Romance + Pro Longwear Paint Pot + Archie's Girls + Year of the Snake


Hi there!

As usual, MAC has like 8 collections out at once.  Some I get excited about, some I think are geared for the 'buy all MAC' crazy that goes down.  I try to get a few items from each one if I really like them, but not every single thing.  Here's a lowdown of what's coming in February from MAC.

Rebel Romance is now up on MAC's website.  I'm not excited because they're all permanent and nothing new for Valentine's Day 2013.  It's a set of lipsticks, Haute and Naughty lash mascara, nail lacquer, and out of all of it I like Diva and Rebel lipsticks the best.


Collection:




Powerpoint Eye Pencil:  Engraved (deep black)

Haute and Naughty Lash Mascara (black)

Lipstick:  MAC Red (Satin), Rebel (Satin), and Diva (Matte)

Nail Lacquer:  Russian Red, Dark Angel, Vintage Vamp

View HERE

***

Pro Longwear Paint Pot collection is up now online-


Lots of soft pretty paint pots to choose from and a feature of the 242 shader brush.  I'm loving the icy green and pink and peaches- here's a collection photo:



Available to purchase HERE


***

Next is Archie's Girls, which I found the perfect post about it by Glitter Is My Sunshine, HERE (lots of images of packaging and various swatches, seriously helpful post).  Also Temptalia covers it pretty thoroughly HERE.


Okay not to be rude, but seriously, where are Archie's dark eyebrows?!  These two babes would never go for this guy!  Ugh.  And the piercings all over him?  Weird.  Anyhoo- ALL products are limited edition, so if you like it, pick it up!  Release date is January 30 online and available in stores February 7, 2013 until April 4.  I see this selling like cuh-razeh!


Some product imaging (courtesy of Googling 'Archie's Girls MAC')

Betty blush:  Cream Soda

Veronica Lipglasses: Feelin' So Good, Mall Madness, and Strawberry Malt

Veronica blush: Prom Princess

 Brush Set:

Veronica lipsticks:  Boyfriend Stealer, Daddy's Little Girl, Ronnie Red

Pearlmatte powder- I'm diggin' the hearts!

***

Following this is Year of the Snake.  I'm really liking the snake imprinted lipsticks, yow!  Not available until February 2013 (not sure of release date)...here are some images (courtesy of Beautezine.com):


This collection features 4 of the large eyeshadows with a metallic finish, pigments, lipstick, beauty powder, Zoomblack mascara, and a continuation of the Powerpoint Eye Pencil, Engraved.  Below is same source, collection images.  Some are repromotes- but I like the unique textures.  What a gorgeous promo shot- amazing if that is detailed airbrushing on the model.  I love this so much.

Check out these larger photos to see design on the products-

Beauty Powder:  Shell Pearl

 Lipstick:  Cockney (Lustre)

Lipstick:  Freckletone (Lustre)

Lipstick: Plumful (Lustre)

Anything you see that you like?  I'll try and grab some of it and post swatches.  I keep telling myself bookcases or makeup, bookcases or makeup- as you can see the bookcases have lost out so far.  I think I might switch that up and get the shelving.  To hold the makeup :)

Have a great day!
T

Photobucket

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Oooh, I didn't realise the Year of the Snake lipsticks had the embellishment on the bullets!

Baroque In Babylon said...

Hi Robyn- me neither and then when I saw them I was all jazzed about it. I'm excited to try them! Reminds me of Paul & Joe lipsticks.