Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Green look using Nars Misfit and Bouthan eyeshadow duo- Green + Pink, yes!

Hi there,

I was so excited to get Nars Misfit in the mail that as soon as it arrived, I went to town!  I just got home from 8 hours of clinicals for my RN program, so I was feeling tired, but I think the makeup perked me up.  I have to say the green in Misfit is my favorite green eyeshadow.  It's so brilliantly lilypad/emerald/bright green that I can't say enough good about it.

So after a day in med/surg super focused on taking care of patients, nothing like a box with "Nars Cosmetics" on it to make your day even better!

Here's my FOTD using the Nars Misfit (permanent line) and Bouthan Eyeshadow (Spring 2013 release) duos.










Products for this look:

Foundation
MAC Studio Fix Foundation and Powder compact NC15, Eco Tools Bronzer brush

Concealer
MAC Studio Finish NC15, MAC Concealer brush and shadow cleanup with Kat Von D flat liner brush

Powder
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Porcelain Pink, MAC 129 brush

Highlight
Nars Albatross, MAC 129 brush (cheekbones, central forehead, bridge of nose)

Blush
Nars Laguna, MAC 187 brush (hollows of cheeks and outer planes of face, for bronzer)
Nars Douceur, MAC 109 brush

Eyes
Primer, MAC Paint Pot in Indianwood, Kat Voon D domed shader brush
Central lid, pale champagne color from Nars Misfit duo, MAC 217 brush
Outer V, mix of bright kelly green from Nars Misfit (around outer corner of lower lashline as well) with Urban Decay Good Karma brush, flat end (came with UD Naked palette), layered and deepened with MAC Plumage, same brush
Crease, mix of Nars Misfit green and MAC Steamy with MAC 239 brush
Lower lashline, under green, Nars Bouthan pale pink shade, MAC 224 brush
Above crease into Browbone, Nars Bouthan dark pink shade, MAC 224 brush
Browbone/Highlight, mix of Nars Bouthan and MAC Dazzlelight, Sonia Kashuk blending brush (similar to MAC 224)
Liner, MAC Eye Kohl in Feline, tightlined/waterline
Upper Lid liner, MAC Pearlglide liner in Undercurrent, set with Nars Misfit green shade to keep in place
Brows, MAC Mystery with MAC 231 brush
Mascara, L'Oreal Telescopic in Black

Lips
Gloss only, MAC Nymphette lipglass

Things I'm loving today:  Bath and Body Works lotion in Vanilla Bean Noel, my Blender Bottle from Amazon for mixing my protein shakes, my new Boston Terrier puppy named Molly, and the book, "Somewhere in Time/Bid Time Return" by Richard Matheson.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Sara Hassan said...

Gorgeous makeup! you look fantastic xx

Baroque In Babylon said...

Thank you Sara! I am loving that Misfit duo- that green is so bright!