Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, December 30, 2012

MAC 2012 release: Après Chic



Hi there!

Thinking of flushed cheeks, cocoa, and snuggling up in front of a rock covered fireplace while snow falls outside?  The shades in MAC's Après Chic collection might be just what you're looking for. This collection seems to me to be all about autumnal coziness like iced cranberries and pink cheeks by the fire.  This was released in late December which means by now a lot of it is sold out, phooey.  The good news is, if you were early enough, Stereo Rose Mineralize Skinfinish was back for grabs- wahoo!  Here's the whole collection, mini-sized:












Below are the lipsticks (photos taken from Nordstrom's site)

Top to bottom are:  Cozy Up, Haute Altitude, Hot Chocolate, and Warm Companion

Color:(4 Colors)
  • COZY UP
  • HAUTE ALTITUDE
  • HOT CHOCOLATE
  • WARM COMPANION


Photo below shows L to R:  Warm Companion, Cozy Up, Haute Altitude, Après Chic, Hot Chocolate.  The two I chose from this set are Haute Altitude and Hot Chocolate.  


I'm interested to see them in real life because in the color swatches Haute Altitude looks really dark.  It seems like a deep rosy plum, but online I'm starting to see a lot of pretty pink lips out there.

In swatches online it's almost like Bombshell (see inset shot, a close up of Temptalia's lip swatch of Haute Altitude) and I'm super excited to see it when it comes!  

Warm Companion looked like a frosty sheer version of Myth, so I passed.  Cozy Up kinda orange brown for me, I'd rather wear Nyx's round lipstick in Hades and Après Chic was a little too coppered brick- again, I've got tons of lipstick, so I only picked the ones I really wanted.  


The collection also offers Mineralize Tinted lip balms in 5 shades.  From what I can see these apply sheer like a Victoria's Secret beauty rush gloss:

Top to bottom are:  Nice and Simple, Pure and Tender, Rosy Romance, Slightly Nude, and Stay Warm

Color:(5 Colors)
  • NICE AND SIMPLE
  • PURE AND TENDER
  • ROSY ROMANCE
  • SLIGHTLY NUDE
  • STAY WARM

Photo below shows them in the same order as above.



Nail Lacquer in two shades, fairly neutral and great for New Year's, top to bottom are:  Dangerously Fun and Hangin' Loose.

Color:(2 Colors)
  • DANGEROUSLY FUN
  • HANGIN LOOSE

The eyeliners are Pro Longwear and come in several shades and all are LE.

Top to bottom are:  Black Ice, Mountain Air, Night Trail, Rich Experience, and Snow Shadow.

Color:(5 Colors)
  • BLACK ICE
  • MOUNTAIN AIR
  • NIGHT TRAIL
  • RICH EXPERIENCE
  • SNOW SHADOW


The mascara is Zoom Waterfast Lash described thus:  The fast-to-act drama of the creamy, velvety Zoom Lash now comes in a tear-, sweat-, humidity- and waterproof formula. The mascara curls and lengthens with flexible, sculpted application—everything you love about the original is here. Plus, it provides up to twelve hours of smudge-proof wear!
  • 0.28 oz.

The two brushes are duo-fibre, both available anytime in the permanent collection:  #287 for eyeshadow and #187 for the face (great for blending Stereo Rose around the face like a bronzer to warm up the complexion).


The eyeshadows are all Mineralize in formula (read: sparkle/shimmer/please foil) and come in 5 colors.  Top to bottom are:  Fireside, Frost at Midnight, Ice, Silver Birch, and Winter Pursuit.

Color:(5 Colors)
  • FIRESIDE
  • FROST AT MIDNIGHT
  • ICE
  • SILVER BIRCH
  • WINTER PURSUIT


Fireside


Frost At Midnight


Ice


Silver Birch


Winter Pursuit


Blushes are also Mineralize in formula (I really love these, they apply so wonderfully).  This collection offers 3 shades:  Gentle, Alpine Bronze, and Amber Glow.  Here they are individually from MAC's website:

Gentle (re-promote)



Alpine Bronze



Amber Glow



The last are the Mineralize Skinfinishes in Stereo Rose and Pink Porcelain.  I picked up both of these and hope to share the swatches as soon as they arrive.

Stereo Rose



Porcelain Pink



Just for my own desire to see how similar these are, here's Amber Glow and Porcelain Pink next to each other.  I didn't opt for the blush because I thought the shade was awfully similar to the MSF and didn't want to double dip on the light peach- here's how they look side by side:


Did you pick anything up from this collection?  I only purchased the 4 items mentioned.  I didn't buy anything from Strength, Studio, Concealer Palettes, Pressed Pigments, or Stylish Brow...I mean that many offerings in one month on top of Taste Tempation AND Making Pretty and the re-release of Candy Yum-Yum?!  YEESH, we girls gotta eat- woman cannot live on lipstick alone.

Let me know if you have anything wonderful you've purchased recently- I'd love to know the latest that's making a splash!

Have a great day,
T
Photobucket

No comments: