Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, November 5, 2012

MAC Viva Glam Nicki Minaj Lipstick and Lipglass Swatches- Pink Friday!

Hello to you!

Get your platform heels and bustier on because I'm going to take you on a tour of some mighty, mighty pink lipstick!!

The lipstick is $15.00 and so is the lipglass and with all Viva Glam, no pro discount is applied and proceeds go towards AIDS research.  So, for the two, 30 clams. 

Nicki Minaj is pretty well-known so toss a pink wig, I won't tell you about her, BUT the lipstick she collaborated with MAC on is nothing less than full on HOT PINK.

Take a gander, gals...and guys :)




You keep thinking this pink will go peach or something, but it's like crayon pink.  Fabulous Barbie pink.  Full on In Yo' Face MEGA PINK.  Like Nicki, this lip color is definitely not shy and will be noticed.



You're probably thinking to yourself, "Self, I have Pink Nouveau and Snob and Candy Yum Yum, why on earth do I need this color?"  You would be spot-on if you answered, "Because it's probably the best opaque true blue hot pink on the planet..." No name pun intended.


Tell me this isn't love and that the tube isn't whispering naughty things to seduce us. 


Double dose of Nicki Minaj Viva Glam comin' at ya.  The lipstick swiped straight from the tube next to the lipglass.  It is truly bubble gum gorgeous.  The texture is very creamy, almost play makeup like, but doesn't sit heavy although it's an opaque color.  It's serious business in color, but doesn't feel like it when you wear it.  The lipglass is creamy, not as sticky as some lipglasses can be and seriously on top of the lipstick almost looks clownish, but does give a nice shine.  I wouldn't wear it heavily, maybe just to smooth out the lipstick- or on its own, because it's a selfish brat like that.



While doing heavy application for the last pic in this post (don't scroll down!) I used a baby wipe to get the color off and it came off orange- crazy!  I swear I wasn't eating push-up pops (love those, btw), the color just broke down that way.  Weird.


So just in case you're thinking to yourself again, but this time you're saying, "Well self, because you're cheap and you already have Pink Lemonade lipglass or Revlon's lip gloss in Pink Pop, do I really need to get this lipglass?"  Listen to your local makeup enabler (ahem, me) and keep reading...


I was right there with ya on that train of thought and decided to do some swatchin'.  Not to be confused with squatchin' that's a whole other topic.  The tubes up above so you can see how they look next to each other.

Now to get all confusing, below is Left to Right, Revlon Pink Pop, center is Nicki Minaj Viva Glam, and right is Pink Lemonade.  You can see that Pink Pop is similar in color family but deeper, almost more purple than Nicki which is a true blue pink.  Pink Lemonade went all orange, because it's a pinky-coral...but I like how a flash will show hue easier than the naked eye indoors.



Below is a rather crummy shot, indoors, bad yellow room lighting, almost like I've got a flashlight under my blanket and I'm sneaking photos of lipgloss.  Wouldn't be the first time...


For the grand finale, I went a little nutso and got ALL kinds of swatches for you on the lips.  The center left (haha this is like the Brady Bunch of puckers) is just the lipstick, as well as the top center shot.  The rest have the lipglass over the lipstick.  Like icing on the cake.


Did you pick this pair up or did you pass?  If you're like me, there's always room for another pink on the shelf.  This one is vibrant, loud, and like Nicki, packs a serious punch.  Hope you love, like I do!

Take care,
Tianne

Photobucket



No comments: