Hello and happy freakin' before the election Monday!
I've swatched these beauts Left to Right, similar to the lineup above: Indianwood (golden molten bronze), Bare Study (iced pinky taupe), Blackground (flat black pearl), Rubenesque (golden duochrome peachy bronze), and Painterly (flat beige flesh).
Now for an extreme close up! Drool away- I love these babies too!
Now serious scholarly minds would ask, "Is this enough? Do you seriously want more Paint Pots?" And in my makeup delirium, my reply is a round-eyed stupid grin nodding my head. I covet more of them and check out www.maccosmetics.com while rubbing my hands together at least once a
day, er week. After 5, (like kids) why more?
Dear MAC Paint Pots let me list the ways I love thee:
1. You prime like no otha'. Seriously, one little swipe and I can build from sheer to opaque, they don't run, and shadows stick like sin. Like a Nyx Jumbo Pencil (Milk, don't be offended, I still love you) they offer some serious shadow fixation, but aren't as thick, smooth easier, and don't melt in the heat on your eyelids.
2. They last for freakin' ever. I've had Painterly since 1945 and it's still going strong. Those baby boomers.
3. They sometimes come out with really cool ones like Otherworldly from the McQueen collection (that I'll never own, sigh) and there just aren't others like it.
4. They're versatile. I can use Painterly as a primer or on my lips to nude out a lippie. Bare study makes a fab highlight and oh ya know, Indianwood a killer bronzer. They get around.
5. With a pro discount they're pretty dang cheap. I know I don't get sent oodles of freebies from MAC therefore having the whole collection gratis, so I value a nice savings. At around $11 a pop with the discount, I have more money to buy well....more :/
Don't believe me? Check them out for yourself. Go HERE to pick some up and let me know what you think. Are you already converted, feel free to share Paint Pot love here. I love comments and feel bad my readership went from the hundreds to like the devoted 12. That's what I get for leaving for 6 months. OH but it's back on, like Donkey Kong!
NO more caffeine for me at 6:43 a.m.
Have a great day, please go vote tomorrow. Whether you're for Obama, Romney, or Mickey Mouse, our country is founded on the idea that the people can speak and determine their government. Don't worry about political party, just vote for who you think is going to make a positive difference in our country. Benghazi aside, Sandy hurricane relief efforts, character, all the rhetoric- or even religion or personality shouldn't alone determine your thinking- vote for who you think should be the next President of the United States and will bring us prosperity, peace, and a bright future. It matters. It's important. Shoot, it's the right thing to do. Me, I'm a Romney girl and I'm really hoping Tuesday isn't a big disappointment.
Post publication edit: Thank you for commenting J! Here's my reviews of the Maybelline Color Tattoos and I agree, they're often a 'better' selection in a lot of ways. I'm trying to control my MACophilia.
Limited Edition 2012 shades & originals HERE
Original shades HERE