Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Smashbox Soft Lights Action/Shot look, Fall Makeup

Hi there!

Here is my look from yesterday.  I was going for a peachy/bronze look with a nude lip and some shimmer- something nice and plummy on the cheek too for Fall.  Here's how it turned out:



The best part of this was using my new Smashbox Soft Lights blush duo.  The colors are Action/Shot, one being a warm berry with a gold tone and the other a nice taupe/flesh shimmer.  I've been trying for ages to dupe the Smashbox Seychelles palette gold highlight shade and have settled for MAC's Trace Gold blush.  Anyway, love this Soft Lights duo- a warm berry and a nice highlight to golden it up.  Really pretty and I think this would work on just about anyone, which is nice.

[image courtesy of Google/Ebay, thanks!]


On the eye I used MAC eyeshadow and Urban Decay 24/7 liner.  I'll write what I used down at the bottom of the post.  Mascara is L'Oreal.

Weird this is all sideways, ha!  I wanted a shade to match my own lips, so I picked MAC Hug Me and used Milani 3D Glitzy Gloss in Stylish (orange glittery champagne) on top.

Below is a necklace I bought recently at Papyrus, my favorite stationary store. 

I've wanted a pretty jewelry item with a Robin on it for a while but haven't found anything that didn't look cheap or gaudy.  My best friend who was named Robin passed away from Leukemia in 2008.  I think of her nearly daily and forever wish things had been different for her in so many ways.  She's my greatest loss and closest friend.  So when I saw this, I knew it was perfect.  A sweet little Robin bird, rather vintage looking, in a bronze resin base.  There's an amber jewel (um, probably acrylic) next to it.  I know she would've liked this and would probably cry then laugh if she knew I'm wearing some goofy necklace about her every day.  I really love having this.

Here's what I used for my look yesterday:

Face:
Primer, Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel (I'm getting old, yo)
Foundation, Urban Decay Urban Defense in Halo
Concealer, Cinema Secrets 501S-11
Powder, Aromaleigh Coquille in Rose (I forgot about all my wonderful Aromaleigh...it's just not the same anymore, better in some ways now but not the same.  LOVE Aromaleigh)

Cheeks:
Blush, Smashbox Soft Lights in Action/Shot (darker closer to cheekbone, lighter higher up)

Eyes:
Primer, MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque
Lid, MAC Gleam blended with Amber Lights, also dabbed at center of bottom lid
Crease, MAC Woodwinked and then Jest on top 
Outer V, Antiqued mixed with a bit of black from 120 shimmer palette (Ebay find), continued around lower lashline to the center of the bottom lid
Orange/Pink on Outer V, MAC Paradisco mixed with Twinks and a bit of a bright orange from the 120 shimmer palette
Inner corners, browbone, MAC Dazzlelight and Brule
Brows, MAC Mystery
Liner, MAC Rich Ground fluidline on bottom with Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Stash near lashline and tightlined on top
Mascara, L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black

Lips:
Lipstick, MAC Hug Me
Gloss, Milani 3d Glitzy Gloss in Stylish

Take care,
Tianne

Outfit & Etc of the day:
Top, Melon colored shrug from Kohl's, striped cami from JC Penney, and a melon cami on top also from Kohl's
Jeans, Lucky Brand cuffed capris
Shoes, Tie-around-the-ankle melon wedge espadrilles
Jewelry, Melon/Peach shell looped necklace from Maurice's, Robin necklace from Papyrus, vintage Bakelite peach sphere earrings from an estate sale (I have a necklace too, very Stepford when together)
Hair:  Peach/Brown flower clip from Target, on clearance for a $1.50, woo!
Polish:  Wet N' Wild Wet Cement with Party of Five on top
Lotion:  Bath and Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin
Perfume:  Katy Perry Purr (dang I love this stuff and I'm not even 15!)
CD:  George Michael, Listen Without Prejudice
Photobucket

No comments: