Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

September 2012 Favorites

Hi there!

I'm seeing a ton of these posts every month and every time, I see something new I like.  Maybe this will be the same for you!

Here are my September 2012 top 5 Favorites!

1.  Kate Walsh Billionaire Boyfriend perfume

















I received this as a 0.05 oz sample with an order from Sephora.  Some people hate this, oh but I looove it!  Too bad it's $85 for 1.7 oz.  Yep, you read that right 1.7.  Not a normal 3.4 like every other perfume on the planet.  This stuff better have Steve Wynn stock in it if it's going to cost that much.  I found it cheaper on HSN (home shopping network) in between the CZ bangles and Dyson specials.  Take a peek at her Boyfriend fragrance too (on sale for $40).  I picked up THIS and am waiting for it to show up any day.  *rubs palms together like Mr. Burns*



This I found on Sephora and I think I bought the last one.  When I tried to find another after my purchase it wasn't available anymore.  Sorry guys!  It was normally around $55 and I bought it for under $20.  These are so pretty, I love Kat Von D's packaging and marketing people for always giving a nice presentation.  The brushes are soft, have some useful shapes like an angled shadow, angled liner, flat smudger, etc and come in a fabric case.  Perfet for travel.  Definitely a fave.


All kinds of nice things I've heard about Fresh Sugar products and I ignored them.  I did the same with Skyrim.  I also did it with Miss Me jeans.  Now I'm realizing that if everyone is lemming something it's usually for good reason.  Lip balm can be lip balm but this is smooth, sweet, melty goodness that feels absolutely wonderful.  It's almost like an indie lippie with it's super buttery texture.  Plus the heavy duty metal container and techno-cool push and twist lid makes me feel posh.  Love. 


This nifty polish was a find when I was looking for something else at Wal-Mart.  It was $2.50 and applies like OPI.  It's opaque, deep dirty olive toned black with amazing gold glitter and slight green duochrome.  It lasted on my nails for about 2 days before chipping.  I layered a sheer violet top coat and felt cool, which is always fleeting for me :) 


Shut my mouth if I'd ever said I used Suave.  My husband calls it floor wax.  Well I used a coupon and bought the Keratin infusion shampoo and conditioner.  I was nervous because I'd read the actual keratin treatment was nothing but relaxer with like 2 drops of keratin-like substance that was causing people's hair to FALL OUT!  So slightly freaked, I used this anyway because I have coarse, curly hair that is long and crazy.  I swear this is better than Pureology!  I don't know what I'll do if they discontinue this.  I have such silky, straight, pretty baby hair that I almost feel like I'm genetically altered.  I love it.  Love that it's cheap.  Love that it works.  But I still think Suave needs to work on their PR because I still feel like it's a ghetto and I struggle admitting I use it.


Anything you've discovered and love?:

Take care,
Tianne
Photobucket

No comments: