Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pretty in Pink- Rose Quartz Uggs and Oyster Girl Lipglass

Hi there!

I wanted to wear my Rose Quartz (really they're a lavender touched baby pink) Uggs before it snows here and they get soggy and stained looking.  I have a pink sweater from Express that matches it perfectly and of course, like an 80's diva, had to match my makeup to my clothes.  Actually, my 8th grade homeroom teacher used to match her eye shadow to her shirts and I thought it was sooo glamorous. 

Here's my mug, all pink'ed out, ready for class!  The photos are kinda funny in that some are in my living room with a less cold light, the others in my office, where it looks filtered out in blue.  It's like that game where you squint and look through one eye, then switch, then look....yeah, or something nerdy like that.  Yeah.  I also have a scarf on in one set of snaps (I took them right before I headed out) and not in others.  Double nerdy.

Pink/Purple eyes, soft pink colored lips, and beige toned blush comin' up!









Had to sneak in a little promo shot (courtesy of Overstock.com) of Oyster Girl lipglass.  In the tube it looks like a pearlized lavender beige with streaks of pinkish gold.  Yeah, like 8 colors at once.  It's really stunning to look at.  Like what clouds SHOULD look like in a Tahitian sunset.
I layered that baby all over my NYX long lip pencil in Tangerine (great dupe for MAC's pencil in In Synch).  I need to get some fillers on that upper lip pronto...oh 20's age skin tone, how I miss you.


So that's the makeup- here's the accessories.  I bought these pretty iridescent droplet earrings for a low, low $3 at Wal-Mart.  Yep, Wal-Mart.  I was cruising by, saw them, went, "Huh, those are cute" and bought them just like that.  I love them and it's a great case of looks expensive but isn't.


And last but not least, the Uggs.  I love these babies and I want to get a pair in black because I know these will look like total garbage in 8 months.  Only drawback is keeping them clean- any tips on that?   This color is available in kids' sizes only and I bought these in a kids' size 6- fits a women's size 6.5-7.5- score!


Here's what I used for this look:

Face
Primer, MAC Fix +
Foundation, MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC15
Concealer, MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 in NC15
Powder, MAC x Marilyn Beauty Powder

Cheeks
Blush, MAC Blushbaby
Highlight, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

Lips
Liner/Lipstick, NYX Long lip pencil in Tangerine
Gloss, MAC lipglass in Oyster Girl

Eyes
Primer, NYX Eyeshadow Base in Pearl
Lid, Urban Decay Cherry
Middle Lid, 120 Shimmer palette, pinks 3rd from left
Outer Lid, MAC Stars N' Rockets
Outer V, MAC Smut
Crease, MAC Copperplate
Browbone, MAC Dazzlelight
Lower Lashline, MAC Copperplate (1/2),  near inner corners, MAC Dazzlelight
Brows, MAC Mystery
Liner, MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack

Hope you have a great day!  It snowed here today for the first time and thick, icy flakes fluttered down onto my lawn and melted away.  That means winter is coming and I'm not quite ready.  I just don't want to wear parkas and bundle up just yet.  How about you, you ready for the holidays?

AUGH!  Christmas shopping!  I'm so not ready!

Take care,
Tianne

Outfit of the Day:
Sweater, Express
Tank under sweater, Aeropostale
Jeans, Skinny jeggings from Target
Shoes, already mentioned
Socks, Kamik boot socks in Grey
Watch, Riley Rose Gold by Fossil
Jewelry, earrings from Wal-Mart, silver chain (I don't remember) with rose quartz and sterling silver pendant
Lotion:  Bath and Body Works Winter Candy Apple
Perfume:  Juicy by Juicy Couture
Polish:  Jaguar by Ice (pale chiffon yellow with sparkle)

Photobucket

No comments: