Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Prettiest MAC Colors for Blonde Hair and Blue Eyes


Hi there!

I'm always hunting for 'the' go-to look for my coloring.  I lighten my hair at home with L'Oreal Excellence in Extra Light Ash Blonde.  For years I felt like home-hair-dye was the same classy thing as a deep fried twinkie, but when I started getting salon color and for $8 a pop....let's just say I'm a convert.  So with light-ish cool-toned blonde hair, fair yellow undertone (with easy pink tones when flushed) and blue eyes, I wanted to figure out a set of colors from MAC that I could turn to, without fail.

Here's what I chose and I'm super happy because I think it looks young and fresh and bright without being too visible.


I like the idea of having the opposite of the color wheel come into play with the golden bronze of the eyeshadows and the bright peachy-pink of the lip. 

Here's what I used:

Face:
Prep/Prime, MAC StudioFix spray
Foundation, MAC StudioFinish Foundation in NC15
Powder, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light
Bronzer, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium

Cheeks:
MAC blush in Fleur Power

Lips:
MAC lipstick Costa Chic
gloss, MAC ligplass in Pink Lemonade

Eyes:
Primer, MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque (for you indie gals, it's seriously like Fyrinane's Rapunzel Had Extensions in a creme finish)
Lid, MAC Naked Lunch
Crease, MAC Woodwinked
Outer V, MAC Antiqued mixed with Smut
Center of lid for glimmer, MAC Amber Lights
Browbone, inner corners, MAC Dazzlelight (my absolute go-to highlight shade)
All around highlight, MAC Gleam (I used this on cheeks, bridge of nose, and to blend eyeshadows together)
Liner, MAC fluidline in Rich Ground
Mascara, MAC Zoomlash in Black
Brows, a mix of MAC Smut and Twinks (for a bit more of a bronze/blackened shade)

So that's my take on the MAC colors I think look the most flattering on blonde/blue features.  What do you use as your go-to look?

Take care,
Tianne

Daily Faves:
Perfume:  Katy Perry, Purr (I dig ripping off the cat's head to spray it on)
Lotion:  Kate Walsh Billionaire Boyfriend
Polish:  Del Sol, Ruby Slippers (it's a white glitter that turns bright pink in sunlight, cool)
CD:  Foster the People, debut CD, I like track 3
Quote:  "Pretty girls don't cry.  They know exactly what they want."  -Chris Isaak

2 comments:

Tiffanie Michele said...

YOU LOOK GREAT!!!! Amy and I are sitting here looking at your blog, and I said "Dang. She looks great!" Just as Amy said "She is SO Pretty!" ... Inside and out, you are one beautiful human. We love you!

Baroque In Babylon said...

*waves* THANKS TIFF!!! Oh you guys, I appreciate you reading. I've not blogged in a long time and it's so fun to hear from you this way. I read yours and every time I think, what an amazing woman! LOVE you! xoxo T