Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo Swatches and Review, 11 shades

Hi there!

I picked up the LE Maybelline color tattoo shadow pots the other day at Target!  Some of the shades looked bright and fun.  For a gal like me who missed out on a lot (ahem, all) of the bright MAC paint pots, doesn't own any Stila cream shadows, and just don't want to pay for the Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams...these are an affordable and useful product to stock up on!

Let me say the first few I purchased I wasn't too happy about.  They looked bright in the jar but would fade once they dried/applied.  Also they weren't the most opaque.  You're hoping for a nice swatch of straight up color and end up putting 2 or 3 coats on to get a solid shade.  I mostly use these like paint pots- eyeshadow primer or to bring out a duochrome effect with an overlaying shadow.  I've wanted to use some as a blush...but without a solid pink shade, I just used these for eyes.

Here are the swatches, bare skin, natural indoor light


From L to R:  *Fierce and Tangy (true pumpkin orange), *Bad to the Bronze (shimmery gold toned brown), *Tough as Taupe (flat grey-toned beige), *Pomegranate Punk (pearlized ox blood mauve), Fuschia Fever (in jar, gorgeous violet toned magenta with purple duochrome...in reality, it's um kinda rose toned violet), *Painted Purple (straight up grape), Blue on By (beautiful brilliant royal blue), Test My Teal (lovely peacock green blue, very opaque, my fave of the bunch for application richness), *Audacious Asphalt (medium slate grey shimmer), Ready Set Green (rich emerald/kelly green), *Edgy Emerald (bright blue toned true green)

*denotes a shade I bought prior to the LE release




Fierce and Tangy, Bad to the Bronze, Tough as Taupe, Pomegranate Punk, Fuschia Fever, Painted Purple, and very bottom of Blue On By

Top of Pomegranate Punk, Painted Purple, Blue on By, Test my Teal, Audacious Asphalt, Ready Set Green, Edgy Emerald

Overall I give these a nice, comfy 7 out of 10.  I have some love taken due to the sheerness of a few of the shades (Painted Purple, Edgy Emerald) and the lack of WOW I wanted to have translate from jar to skin (Fuschia Fever, Blue on By).  BUT Test my Teal I give a solid 10.  If you had to buy any of these, I'd recommend the newer shades (they're creamier, more opaque than the initial release) and I'd buy Test My Teal and Tough as Taupe.  The latter is a great almost fox-grey shade that is a bit lacking in MAC's Painterly and is dark enough for a smokey eye.  Do you own any of these- what do you think?

I am excited to use these as an eyeshadow base and so far, for around $6.00 a jar, they're worth getting.  Here's the stats:

What:  Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow (who wears their eyeshadow for 24 straight hours...not me)
Size:  4 g
Available:  Wal-Mart, Target, Drugstore.com, Beauty.com
Price:  $6.00 or so...find a coupon or wait for a sale

Take care,
Tianne
Photobucket