Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

MAC O lipstick and Pink Swoon blush- perfect for fall!

Hi there!

These photos didn't turn out so hot.  I don't know if was tired or what- but it was before class in the morning.  I look like I'm getting a mug shot done or like I'm giving the camera the evil ice glare.  Weird because I was totally a-ok!  I've been told a few times I give the death glare and what's interesting is I'm probably just zoned out and happy as a clam.  Although my face looks like I'm going to go zombie-eye-eating-mode.  Note to self:  work on affect to avoid looking dead-eyed and evil.


See my weird husband in the background- he makes faces too.















I really wanted to have a copper/neutral eye and a plum lipstick.  MAC 'O' is perfect.  It's a mulberry mauve toned wine with a great gold duochrome.  Me likey.  Take a look!



For a light rosy cheek I usually use MAC Pink Swoon.  It's a blue based true pink and looks kinda scary doll-cheek in the pan.  But it applies very soft and mimics a nice flush on pale skin.  I have mine in a pro-palette below:







 




































I also have tried to use more polish on my nails as I have loads of colors that just sit in a drawer.  I can't have acrylics anymore due to school (infection risk).  Having my own thin, short little nails has been weird for me to adjust to and I just don't like my naked nails all pale and blah.  I feel like they're stubby and my hands tend to look old and wrinkly a bit.  So when I paint my nails I feel more "done"- ya feel me?  So above is Maybelline in Twilight Rays (Color Show) with magenta and white craft paint.  I did some crummy dots to look like vertebrae...at least that's what I said to save face, ha. 

Here's what I used for the look using MAC 'O' and Pink Swoon:

Face
Foundation, Urban Decay tinted moisturizer, Urban Defense in Halo
Concealer, L'Oreal TrueMatch in Light (under eyes and on blemishes, blah)
Powder, Silk Naturals Date Bait (vegan formula)

Cheeks
Blush, MAC Pink Swoon

Lips
Lipstick, MAC 'O'
Gloss, Milani lipgloss in Clear

Eyes
Primer, MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
Lid, MAC Brule
Center of lid, MAC Antiqued
Outer V, Lucifer from Kat Von D Metal Orchestra palette
Crease, MAC Smut
Lower lashline, MAC Smut blended with Ricepaper
Browbone, MAC Ricepaper (blended all around the eye for softness)
Liner, MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack set with Kat Von D Lucifer
Mascara, L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black, Black

Take Care,
Tianne

P.S.  I'm thinking of having a 300 follower giveaway.  A desperate ploy to gain followers?  Nope.  I just want to share some loot!

Photobucket