Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Revlon Lip Butter review and swatches!

I've been seeing the buzz on these Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter lipstick/balms for a bit now and in usual blogging lemming fashion, I picked up a few.  I only wanted a couple as I have sooo many lipsticks and I never use them all up and some go sour.  GROSS.  So, I'm trying not to load up on lippies anymore.  So these must've been pretty wow for me to go hunt them down.  They were $5.84 at my local Wal-Mart and the cheapest I've seen them is $6.45 at Target...so deal!

Revlon's blurb:

- Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%

- Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth

- Sheer to medium colour with buttery shine

- Available in 20 luscious shades


The three I picked out were:  Creamsicle, Peach Parfait, and Fig Jam



I really like the packaging.  The lids match the lip color so it makes it hard to resist them, just based on "ooooh pretty"-ness alone.  I wanted a good mix and no pink- so I went with a nude, peach, and brown/berry shade.  Check these lovelies out!


Same order from L to R:  Creamsicle, Peach Parfait, and Fig Jam (you can see them through the lid).  For some reason they reminded me of the glass elevator in Willy Wonka.  I spend money and I lose my mind and think weird things.

Let's take a look at the tubes!  The metallic barrel is higher than most lippies and ends at an angle as does the product.  I wonder if it's to support the lippie as the formulation is soft and I bet these would break in a standard roll up form for application.  My Fig Jam one wiggles slightly as I roll it up and I think it's plastic, not metal.  Either way it feels a little wobbly or loose.  Drugstore makeup isn't always made the sturdiest, but I'll overlook it.

Peach nude wonderfulness!





Peach Parfait (on some sites like Ulta it's listed as Peach Sorbet, not sure why) and as a peach, it lives up to the name.  It's a slightly sheer, buildable peachy/salmon hue with little flecks of gold glitter.   Some reviews have said this is gritty, but I didn't sense that in mine.  It's smooth and has that lipbalm feel.  To be honest, these are very similar in 'feel' as the CoverGirl lipsllicks.  Sheer, buildable, wet/glossy feeling and not long wearing.  But, meh, I like 'em!




This photo makes it look like fruit preserves- juicy!  It does have a shiny, rather lush look to it, which I like.  The photo below shows the gold flecks properly.  There's a bit of shimmer, but I like how it gives the color some dimension, instead of a sheer wash.



Last up, Fig Jam!  This one appears dark wine in the tube but applies a nice dark persimmon cocoa color.  Like, well, fig jam.  I love the name and picked it up solely because it sounded decadent and fun.  It's a great deep neutral and I think it would give teeth a whiter look on darker skin tones.






So there they are!  The lids are pretty and they caught my eye.  I debated on picking up Tutti Frutti and Gumdrop, but I have over 100 lipsticks and I figured best to pass.  Do you own any of these?  Cave to the trend, I tell you, cave! :)


One last peek-a-boo...



Now for skin swatches, these are more neutral as my lips tend to be dark.  L to R, Creamsicle, Peach Parfait, and Fig Jam.



That's my little trio of lip butters!  They're glossy, not much of a fragrance, and a great transition to sheerer colors- especially for Spring!  Let me know if you like these or want to try them!  Below is a color chart for these- any catch your eye?

Sorry they're so tiny but I could NOT find a shade chart anywhere, so I made one.

Top Row (always L to R):
Berry Smoothie, Brown Sugar, Candy Apple, Cherry Tart, Cotton Candy, Creamsicle

Second Row:
Red Velvet, Strawberry Shortcake, Sugar Frosting, Sugar Plum, Sweet Tart, Tutti Frutti

Third Row:
Creme Brulee, Cupcake, Fig Jam, Gumdrop, Lollipop, Peach Parfait

Fourth Row:
Pink Truffle, Raspberry Pie




Have a great day girls- sure glad you stopped by!

Photobucket

4 comments:

The Peach said...

I haven't picked any of these up. I have been seeing great reviews on them! The peach one looks great! But, like you, I have so many lippies that I don't really need any more right now :(

eRiN said...

Hmmm ... Peach Parfait appeals to me, but I do tend to hate lippies with glitter in them. I currently just have Raspberry Pie and I do love it! Haven't seen them priced quite that low yet though, so I've resisted the urge to buy more ... so far xD

Baroque In Babylon said...

Hi Peach! I said this and what did I do the other day? Go buy more...haha. I do like them. I actually think with these, you could toss half of your lippies and get what you need just from this range. I would love to have all of them. Must....resist...

Baroque In Babylon said...

Hi Erin! I do agree that at $8 or even $7 these are more expensive than some. I haven't tried the Raspberry Pie color, but it looks super pretty. I keep coveting Creme Brulee but as I have what feels like 6000 nude shades, I just can't justify it.