Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti and Lollipop swatches

I was able to go snag a couple more Revlon Lip Butter shades.  I think I was tempted by the pretty cases.  How sad is that.  See pretty box.  Buy pretty box.  Now own pretty box.  Why?  Cuz it's pretty.  Story of my makeup blogging life.

Here's Lollipop (vivid blue based fuschia, meow!) and Tutti Frutti (coral tinged tangerine).  Love bright things, yes I do!



I still really enjoy how the cap fits the product.  Smart of you Revlon to make it so tempting and appealing.



Skin swatches indoors, natural light and without flash.  These were surprisingly opaque and smooth.  Very much like a lipstick and gloss in one and the texture of a slick balm.  Very shiny and soft on the lips, so it's comfortable to wear.  Fades quickly though- I only get about 2 hours wear with these.  Maybe because I talk a lot.  Or eat a lot.  Or both.

Tutti Frutti on the L, Lollipop on the R (I keep almost typing Lollipoop....uh yeeeah)




Below are lip swatches, indoors, no flash.  These are just one trip around the lip swatches, so they apply nice and opaque straight from the tube.


This one looks like the lighting is darker, I took them in my bathroom, so meh...either way, you can see how orange this is.  It's pretty.  If you mix it with Peach Parfait, it's THE perfect coral.  I really like those two mixed together.  If you want to see my review on that shade and a couple of others, click HERE.


I am actually loving these more than the other shades.  I'm still considering getting Gumdrop and Cotton Candy and Red Velvet...maybe if they go on sale.  So much for my vow to avoid lippies...these were just too fun to resist.  ONLY caveat- I wish they had a fragrance (I know some of you don't like those, but I do)...something soft and vanilla-esque would be great, or to match the color like orange or candy.  What do you think- do you like scented lippies?

Either way, I enjoy these, find myself reaching for them and can't help but want to collect them.  What a lemming I am.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lady Bethezda @ Bethezdas Preoccupations said...

I love these too. I got Red Velvet and I would recommend it. I like the lollipop too.