Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Back in the Swing of Things!

Here's where I'm at, folks.  It's 7 a.m. and I'm up again studying.  I took my UVU Anatomy lab final and cried the whole way home.  I'm a great student, I usually do really well...but this, this was a nightmare.  I've put in long, long days, usually at the library until midnight or the cadaver lab.  Other students saw me as a top performer and I was doing pretty darn good.  I wrote a study guide for the class and have scored at least 15% above average on my tests.  Until this final.

It was horrid.  I couldn't tell what was what and the muscles they asked to identify were never really a focus.  It didn't help that my lab instructor said, "Don't focus on the muscles and the actions and origins and insertions, they won't be on the final much."  Utter lie.  It was about 20% of the exam, which translates into a huge chunk of my grade and needless to say, I didn't do well.  I felt my A slipping away along with the hours and hours of work I'd put in....seemingly all for naught as I'm only taking this to up my B  in Anatomy from a previous school to an A at this one.  However, no one explained to me I was taking one of the hardest anatomy classes in the US (thanks for the Harvard m.d. who explained that Shively's anatomy was harder than Harvard).  The nursing program won't take less than an A.  Well, now what do I do if I can't get in with a B or worse a dang A-!

I don't know what grade I will ultimately get.  I just know there are hundreds of students every semester subjected to this and it's unethical and excruciatingly difficult and I've never experienced such an unorganized and mistake riddled text, exams, and rushed course.  120 pages of text a week, 2 chapters to learn a week (each chapter is a system) and the exams are miskeyed and have various right answers and the professor waves you away if you discuss it as though you're not worth their time.  I don't know what the outcome for me will be.  I can feel nursing school and my goal of PA school flittering away....

So I'm bummed and that's why I haven't done much makeup.  Thanks for the shout out on a Lime Crime post about my swatches.  I need to redo those, they're not top notch (done back before I knew about macro lol). 

Oh I'm so unhappy....I could very well have just spent thousands of dollars, been away from my family until 1 am most nights, and worked incredibly hard only to get the exact same grade I received 3 years ago.

*sigh*
Photobucket

3 comments:

SilhouetteScreams said...

*hugs* Maybe you'll be surprised and did better than you thought :(

Cydonian said...

Good luck! I think you'll be fine, just keep your chin up!

Amanda said...

I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations! Hang in there :) I know it's hard when you feel like you've put so much in to something and sacrificed a lot to do it, but don't get the result you were working toward. Perhaps it's an opportunity to appreciate what you've learned in the journey rather than focusing on the grade. Hopefully there's something positive to come from this experience.