Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Warm makeup with a neutral touch- perfect for fall!

Today I decided to do my pictures all El Grande style.  Pores, oh pores!  Actually I've been using the Monistat Anti-Chafing gel every day as a primer and it helps my wrinkles and pores be less obnoxious.  I'd like them to entirely move out, but I know I'm destined to not only have them as squatters on my facial map, but soon their aunts, cousins, and roommates as well...by 50 I fully know it'll be a lost cause.

I digress...photos!







I wanted to have a face that reflected the fall colors- rich browns, pumpkin orange and a warm cinnamon toasted persimmon colored lip.  Here's what I used:

Face:
Monistat anti-chafing gel, applied with fingers
Make Up For Ever HD foundation in #117, stippled with MAC 187 brush
Duo Phase powder in Light from Erno Laszlo, swept on with sable powder brush from Ebay

Cheeks:
MAC blush in Blushbaby, applied with ELF Studio domed blush brush

Lips:
Nyx round lipstick in Apollo
Milani lipgloss in Jamaican Rum, both applied with ELF Studio concealer brush

Eyes:
Primer, MAC paint pot in Painterly, applied with fingers
Silk Naturals Action, applied with ELF domed shader brush (small/med sized head, white handle) on outer V only and slightly blended into crease
Silk Naturals Caliber (gleaming shimmery gold, UD Naked dupe for Baked) applied with Sonia Kashuk blending brush at inner eye and blended around edges of Action.
Smashbox Eyeshadow Trio in Oasis, Cinnamon color applied with Loew-Cornell long domed shader brush *wet* as a liner on top lid.  Great color for fall!
Mascara is Maybelline Lash Stiletto waterproof in black

Polish of the Day:  China Glaze, Flying Dragon (neon) with Sally Hansen RockStar glitter on top! LOVE this combo! 
Lotion of the Day:  Bath and Body Works Spiced Cinnamon Pumpkin....mmmm oh yeah, smells like fall to me!
CD of the Day:  Pearl Jam Ten

Photobucket

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Totally gorgeous !