Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Red winged liner, La Femme blush, and NEW Fyrinnae eyeshadow!

Hello everybody!  I feel like the makeup world is just turning and turning and I'm waving  my brushes screeching, "WAAIIIT!"  I have had so many freelance things come my way (commercial, short film, feature film, and 2 photoshoots) that I had to turn down due to school workload.  But I try to take pictures so I can have makeup shots to share.  They're fast and dirty and I'm tired and wet haired- but we're all that way heading out the door in a rush, right?

First off, I've been giving my Fyrinnae shadows more love- they're just so beautiful.  ALSO with AROMALEIGH coming back (cartwheel back handspring) I am trying to use more of my hundreds of Aromaleigh colors. 

Here's looks I've worn in the past month- I don't take photos of them all and I try to write down what I wore.  Hope you see something you like too!


Above: 
Eyes:  Fyrinnae Dinosaur plush, MAC Carbon, MAC Trax (blending)
Cheeks:  La Femme Rouge in Heather
Lips:  Hard Candy plumping gloss in Jellyfish
Face:  Make Up For Ever HD foundation in 117, MAC Mineralize skinfinish natural in Light
Mascara:  (this is the running standard right now)  Maybelline Lash Stiletto in black, waterproof


Two combos you should def initely try:  Dinosaur Plushie with MAC Trax (above) and Dinosaur Plushie with Fyrinnae's Evocation (down further).  Amen and amen!





Above (that I haven't mentioned yet)
Eyes:  Main lid (the mauvey green gorgeousness) Fyrinnae Conjurer blended into MAC Carbon at outer V and Smashbox "Roll Film" eyeshadow trio, the light flesh toned shade, liner Avon 24k Gold liner in black
Face:  Make Up For Ever HD in 117, No powder
Cheeks:  MAC Blushbaby
Lips:  Hard Candy plumping gloss in Jellyfish- love those flakes of glitter!

Next up!



For this I used quite a few colors.  I like the silvery gray on the lid.  It's Aromaleigh's Bette (Bete Noir) blended with Fyrinnae's Dinosaur Plushie and then the browbone is Aromaleigh's Jolie (Bete Noir) and blended with MAC Carbon.





Above (I already talked about the eyes a bit)
Face:  Make Up For Ever HD in 117, powder is MAC Mineralize skinfinish natural in Light
Cheeks:  Milani baked blush in Rose D'Oro
Lips:  Rimmel 046 Metallic Shimmer with Hi Fi Cosmetics' lip glaze in Corrode

Next up- Neutrals!


No sleep is catching up with me.  This is like a science experiement, the later the photo, the bigger the eyebags.  Haha!



There's that Dinosaur Plushie/Evocation from Fyrinnae combo I was talking about- GORGEOUS!  Sparkly but understated.  Shimmery but neutral.  It's like a church lady in Chanel.  Wonderful!  LIner is Wet N Wild liquid liner in black, waterproof.


Neutral look:
Face:  MAC StudioFix foundation in NC15
Powder is Erno Laszlo DuoPhase in Light (best powder ever!) loose powder, btw
Cheeks:  Nyx Bronzer in Leopard Wants a Tan (dupe for Too Faced leopard print bronzer)
Lips:  Nyx Summer Love round lipstick




Above was my BLAM eyeshadow look! 

Eyes:  Glitterboi (dark blue glittery amazingness) on main lid.  Blended with MAC Carbon at outer V, Fryinnae Evocation at crease, and Dinosaur Plushie at inner corners.
Face:  Make Up For Ever HD foundation in 117
Blush:  MAC Blushbaby
Lips:  MAC Hug Me and Nymphette lipglass

Below was my "I'm gonna kill this Math mid-term mega makeup look"






I used for the above look the following stash o' goodies:

Face:  MAC Studio Fix foundation in Nc15, Powder is Erno Laszlo duo phase powder (I also used Monistat's Anti-Chafin gel as a primer on my wrinkles)
Cheeks:  Nyx Bronzer in Leopard Wants a Tan mixed with Evil Shades blush in Ravishing (I put bronzer all around for contouring- I meant business ya'll!)
Lips:  LipFusion liner in Tawny and Smashbox gloss in Expose (LOVE)
Eyes:  Silk Naturals Restless on main lid, Trouble on outer V and mixed with Colt- gave a bronze glowy look.  I used Blue Steel as a liner, wet, also from Silk Naturals.  Eyeliner is Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in black.

Below- Red winged liner, PinUp style!





That beautiful brick red glowing shadow is a NEW one from Fyrinnae (I need 2 days to catch up on all my swatches that I'm late on) and it's called Purgatory.  Take me there because I love that color!  It's patted on top of Besame's red liner, then a layer of Pixie Epoxy (so it won't smudge on the liner) and then repatted again.  I double layered that bizness!



Look above:

Face:  Monistat Anti Chafing Gel for primer on wrinkles, MAC Studio Fix foundation in NC15 stippled with MAC 187 brush.  Powder is Erno Laszlo Duo-Phase loose powder in Light, swished on with sable brush off Ebay.

Cheeks:  Nyx Leopard Wants a Tan bronzer with MAC blush brush (I forget the number and I don't want to get up and go look at it). 

Lips:  Besame's lip color in Besame Red applied with ELF Studio concealer brush and then Besame Red Berry lip glaze on top- THE RED COMBO I love best!

Eyes:  Silk Naturals Restless on lid applied with Sonia Kashuk blending brush.  Winged liner created with steps I already mentioned and applied with MAC angled liner brush (good and stiff and keeps it shape, love it).

Mascara is Maybelline Lash Stiletto in Black, Waterproof.

So that's it guys!  I need to run and take a mid-term and then hit up my Anatomy class and then my lab with the muscles of the leg being quizzed today.  This is my 4th test in 7 days- whew!  I hope you all are doing great and I hope to catch up on swatches soon!

In the meantime....

Did you catch Meow's 1 day 17% off sale?
Have you gotten the news on MAC's new holiday collection?
Hi Fi Cosmetics has a sale going on, 20% off I believe!
Fyrinnae has Pixie Epoxy back in stock (where'd the Velvet Gel primer go?)

Take care, friends!  Talk soon!  Leave a comment if you're lurking, I love getting them and read and respond every time!
Photobucket

4 comments:

olgiepolgie said...

I'm having makeup look overload. I love it! I need Purgatory. I'm going to have to try some of these: I never thought to team Dinosaur Plushie with Evocation. They're all lovely looks.

The Peach said...

Aaaaaahhhhh! So many pretty looks! Where to start?! Love the pinup look! And you rock the Dinosaur Plushie! You make me want to go pull out my Fyrinnae right now and go play with all the sparkly colors!

krista carlson said...

Every look is simply gorgeous!!!

Lorraine said...

Love the looks ! Been missing you girl ! How are you doing?