Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Where the heck have I gone?!

Hey there friends!  *waves*

I'm sorry I've not posted in such an unforgivable amount of time.  I've got reviews to do (Hi Fi Cosmetics, Silk Naturals, MAC, and Aveeno) and I've been killing it on a feature film (All I've Got) every Fri/Sat/Sun for 3 weeks now.  I'm also taking 12 credits to finish my Bachelor's in Nursing, probably heading to PA or NP grad school after that.  So.  That leaves me not much time for a. makeup and b. sleep.  But I miss makeup the most.


Here's a quick shot of some bruising I did for AIG (he was laying down hence the sideways blood drip) and I've got tons of continuity shots showing daily beauty looks on the women but can't show those until the film is edited and done.  I also did a great bullet wound and some incredible hair (beehives, woven side ponytails, braidwork)...it's been a doozy and I love it!  I will say though if I hear "Last looks!" in the next 3 days I'm going to pass out-


Can you see the tattoo?  Ben Nye cream foundation covers them like a whiz- I used 3 different shades and set with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish natural in Medium Light to mimic skin tone and prevent smearing.

Below is an actress who I did sew-in hair extensions for.  Here's her hair beforehand- shoooort!


Next is the final result 5 hours later.  I used 10" and 18" wefts and after cornrowing, I sewed them in all over her head.  She loved it and I think it blended pretty well for color and with her short hair.



Like my 360 controller there at the bottom left?  She was super fun and we hung out at my house while I sewed her extensions in.  What a trooper to wait that long for hair.

Next up is an actress I did some aging and dark circles under the eyes and hair for.  She was to resemble a woman who had distinctive dark coloring under the eyes and I think it turned out spot on.  Again, Ben Nye concealer and Neutral Set powder for this look. 


I wish I had more beauty shots- some of the hair and makeup has been really cool.  I'm sure I'll get clips once it's all done and you'll see it.  They're hoping to submit it to Sundance and make the festival circuit.  We'll see.  Okay so I should go finish studying- but I wanted to put a hello out there!  I miss reading your blogs and I appreciate new followers and comments.  I'll be blogging once this film wraps and I'm more used to my school schedule.  Pinkie swear.

See you soon!
Photobucket


1 comment:

SilhouetteScreams said...

Awesome work! I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out ;]