Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Beachy Curls and pink lips and cheeks!


Hi all!  Finally a proper post!  I wanted to find a way to work with my natural wave as straightening it really ruins my hair after a while.  So I let it air dry a little and took a 1" curling iron and did a few spiral curls on top.  I think it turned out super beachy and cute.  Hooray a style I can do and not fry my hair!

Check out my chin shot below!  Yeah, mega chin!  Yeah!


Makeup below featuring bright pink cheeks and lips.  That's my fave combo.  I think it seriously can flatter anyone.  If I die, my makeup mantra is going to be:  Pink cheeks and Bright Pink Lips.


As you can probably tell, my eyelash extensions have given up the ghost as well.  I have to drive pretty far to the little shop Nicole runs to get them filled and I just haven't had the time lately.  I have liked letting my lashes grow back a bit, but nothing replaces those babies!  They were so luxe and long!


I'm also just digging this lip color combo.  Super shiny and PINK!



Here's what I used for this look:

Face
Equate Perfecting cream that is a drugstore dupe for the Olay Micro Sculpting cream.  I'm cheap, yo.
L'Oreal True Match concealer in Fair/Warm just under eyes and around nose a bit, blended with MAC 129 brush

Cheeks
La Femme blush in Peach LF for shimmer with ELF blush brush (studio version)
Smashbox Radiance blush for a bright pink flush, applied with same brush above and blended with MAC 187 brush

Eyes
Deep black rim around eyes and tightlined and on waterline with L'Oreal kohl eyeliner pencil in black
MAC Carbon smudged over the top of the liner for softness with angled liner brush bought from craft store
MAC Smut/Trax blended to crease
MAC Gesso on browbone and blended into crease and inner corners
MAC Twinks along lower lashline
MAC Carbon at outer V for depth
All applied with MAC 239 (I think- the # is worn off) shader brush and blended
Mascara is L'Oreal Million Lashes in black

Lips
Nyx round lipstick in Spell Bound
Nyx mega-shine lip gloss in La La

Lotion of the day:  Bath and Body Works Into the Wild (or something like that, dang it, I can't remember)
Polish of the day:  Wet N' Wild black with Del Sol silver glitter/ruby slippers sun changing polish- oh I have to review this!  It is so cool!
Perfume of the day:  Victoria's Secret Halo
CD of the Day:  Train  My Own Private Nation (or similar title, can't remember- man I'm losing it, lol!)
Photobucket

8 comments:

socialitedreams said...

love the mascara and lips! it's so shiny and a great shade on you

VijiiS said...

This looks so beautiful. Love the curls, love the makeup!

Larie said...

Welcome back! That lip combo is perfectly luscious - love it! And your hair is gorgeous :)

The Peach said...

Sexy! Love the pink lips and cheeks! Your lip color is amazing!

krista carlson said...

OMG I love Train...Save me San Francisco is my favorite...Saw them in concert in Texas. Awesome when they sang Marry Me...Your looks have been so amazing. I wish I could have you do mine....

krista carlson said...

If you ever need any Train music that you don't have let me know. I have it all...

Sharon said...

GORGEOUS! this look is so pretty!
i love the lipcolour!


http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/

Baroque In Babylon said...

Thanks you guys and Krista, I love Train!!