Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Smokey Sunset Eyes and perfect nude lips!


I did a second look today just for the heck of boredom.  I wanted something semi-smokey and with a pink highlight and a golden gleam to it.  I definitely wanted a nude lip.  I suppose I should do face charts for these, but usually I just get to it and take photos.  I'm super proud of how this turned out- very flawless, which has been my goal lately. 






As for 'perfect nude lips' I think I hit a winning combo!  It doesn't look too concealer/60's chalk lip- it's a great flesh tone with a super shiny finish and a nice defined edge.  Lurve it!





I don't use Photoshop, my skin just does that weird rubbery glow thing when I stand in front of my living room window, facing the light.  I don't look this polished walking around.  I used macro/flash setting below in a dark room and this is more accurate, as far as skin smoothness goes.  I'm digging the peach/pink highlight and coral cheek.  I love these kinds of color combos.


Ye olde nude lip.


I'm going to be doing a seminar in Utah in August for 15 people going over basic stuff.  I've been asked to come to California and I want to.  I'm debating on how much to charge for admission as I don't want to make a killing per se, but I want to offer good products (not cheap stuff) and have a 2-3 hour insruction time and offer refreshments.  I've seen some people charge $200 per person for that...I'm thinking more like $50-$85.  I think that might be too low though.  What would you pay- be honest, I won't mind.  Would cost keep you from coming?  I want to keep it lower so that I can have more attendees. 

Anyhoo- Here's what I used for this look:

Face
L'Oreal True Match foundation in N1 applied with ELF Studio blush brush, diggin' this for foundation peeps!  Softened with a damp Sonia Kashuk beauty sponge
L'Oreal True Match concealer in Fair Warm blended on eye bags lol with ELF concealer brush
Nyx Leopard Has a Tan bronzer on perimeter of face and for contouring cheekbones, used an ELF Studio foundation brush

Cheeks
La Femme (LOVE La Femme, for reals!) blush in Peach Sparkle high on cheekbones with Paris Presents duo fibre brush and blended with ELF Studio flat top complexion brush
Nyx Sparkle Eye Dust in Champagne on cheekbones for shimmer, also as a highlight on browbone, applied with small Estee Lauder blush brush

Lips
Nyx lip pencil in Nude Beige- THE nude liner, my fave!
MAC Viva Glam Gaga II just lightly blended into liner
Nyx Mega Shine lip gloss in Sugar Pie for SHINE and a touch of Smashbox lip enhancing gloss in Expose
Photobucket

5 comments:

Donna said...

LOVE THOSE LIPS! I also really love the black smokey around your eyes! Makes the color pop :)

cait said...

You look beautiful! As usual, when do you never not?

I so need some La Femme blush in my life.

Lillian Funny Face said...

Oooh pretty! I love the heavy eyeliner :)

Makeup Zombie said...

You are such a hottie!! I love this.

Courtney said...

Your eyes look ahhh-mazing! Wish you had posted what you used for your eyes to create that look... So pretty!