Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sea Blue eyeshadow FOTD and Lash Extension refill

Got a great phone call today from Make Up For Ever- I am approved for their Pro Account and I'm stoked!  I love MUFE and although they don't mail out Pro cards anymore (which is a bummer) I'll have to phone orders in.  I'm so going to place an order and use my discount once I'm off my no-buy, which I started today.  I was all gushy and silly to the girl on the phone who was very much business as usual.  I don't mind showing I'm excited- shoot, it's MUFE! 

As for the no-buy, I have a nice 'review' pile that I realize needs to be shown.  I also have hundreds of samples that I hardly use.  I don't want my blog to be a shopping document (nearly 99% of my stuff I buy) so perhaps I'll force myself to do more FOTD's.

Speaking of that's what I did today!  Oooh how I love eyeshadow combos that are blue and green!  They look so oceanic and soft and they're easy to create.  They always make me think of mermaid eyes- all pearly and bambi-lashed and the color of a tropical ocean.  LOVE blue and green-  Probably one of my top three combos.  Here's how my makeup today turned out:




Next up is with flash.  It makes things so much more yellow, but I think it makes the color look richer too.








Here's what I used for this look:

Face
Monistat Anti Chafing Gel for Primer (I hate the title of this stuff.  It makes me think of fat ladies' thighs rubbing together, gah!)
Make Up For Ever HD foundation in Marble #117 applied with fingers and blended with Sonia Kashuk beauty sponge
CinemaSecrets far left shade of Kit #3 palette as concealer under eyes, around nose, upper lip, and above eyebrows, applied with fingertips
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Light to set foundation/concealer with Estee Lauder blush brush and smoothed with Sonia Kashuk beauty sponge

Cheeks
Nyx HD grinding blush in Nutmeg to contour
MAC Pink Swoon blush on apples and blended upward with Estee Lauder blush brush
Physician's Formula Happy boost powder in Translucent to brighten upper cheekbones and bridge of nose

Lips
Nyx lipliner in Natuarl
Nyx lipstick in Fig applied from tube on outer perimeter of lips almost to the center
Avon 24k gloss in Pink Rose

Eyes
LORAC blue #15 eyeliner on lid to crease, from pencil
Meow Spell Eyeshadow on top of pencil for glow and blended up into crease slightly with Loew-Cornell #270 Maxine's Mop brush
Fyrinnae Danse Macabre blended into crease with MAC #239 brush
Urban Decay Sin eyeshadow blended up into browbone with Loew-Cornell #245B Wash brush
Urban Decay Creep wetlined on outer 2/3 of eye and gently winged and blended so that it's smudgy and dark but not lined per se with Loew-Cornell #245B Shader brush
LORAC #15 blue liner again lined on upper lashline to darken the blue near the lashes
Bottom lashes are CoverGirl Lash Blast in Black
Brows are Urban Decay Naked shadow wetlined with Loew-Cornell #795 Round brush (great crease brush btw)
Photobucket

6 comments:

The Peach said...

Good luck on the no buy! I had fun with mine! Such a pretty look! And of course I'm still loving the lash extensions!

VijiiS said...

This is really hot. And your hair? OMG, it just looks perfect!

mNg said...

I love this look! :D The eyes and lips look gorgeous.

Baroque In Babylon said...

@Peach oh I needed to do it. I've got a lot of stuff coming and so many things I don't give love to. I'm happy to hear it wasn't torture lol.

@VijiiS Thank you!! It's my natural curl which I fight constantly. :)

@mNg Thank you!!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I really like the last picture, your lips look fantastic!

Red Wings Fan said...

Just wondering...your lashes are that long? Or are you using false lashes?