Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

MAC Stone Lip Pencil love and Rosy gold makeup

Hi there!

Heeeey, how YOU doin'?  Today was a great day!  We had a picnic at the park (kids and I only- husband was at a golf tournament) and when I got home I had TWO packages waiting.  One was my recent MAC haul (comin' soon) and the other was my La Femme blush palette from MakeupMania...that's a bit of a story for an upcoming post.  Getting orders makes me float all day- so this was awesome.  Then for dinner we grilled hot dogs and watched Labyrinth.  How can a day not be great if it ends with David Bowie in stretchy pants?!  What did you end up doing?  I'm sure it's the middle of the night over in the UK, so I am sure some of you are sleeping as I type, but I'd love to hear how your day went.

Here's the makeup I did today.  I've been really crabby lately about my eyeshadow work.  It was getting muddy and uninspired and I kept watching guru vids on YouTube wondering, "Why do I get paid to do this and I can't figure this out?"  It was just so frustrating and I was feeling petered out and sulky.  So I'm glad today's look turned out exactly as I wanted.  I was inspired by La Femme's blush in Golden Sunset.  It's a totally magenta'd out coral with gold and pink shimmer...like a Hawaiian Sunset in a pan.  I wanted to use that tone as the base for the eyes and cheeks and do a grey-pink lip with a brown gloss.  I'm really happy this turned out...now I won't throw my kit off my third story window in agony.

My eye photos are lookin' kinda flat...but the video and full face shots show it a bit more.  It's all kinds of burgundy, gold, and pink with a nice nude undertone. 




Because my eye shots are so washed out, please try to click these to show the colors- they really were so pretty and glimmery and shimmered with cranberry, pink, and gold.




Lip Pencil in Stone is my new lovah!  It hails from MAC and goes great with Spite lipglass or any pale nude.  


This is blush overkill I know, but isn't it GORGEOUS?  I'm telling you, Golden Sunset by La Femme needs to be in your makeup bag, if it isn't already.


Below is with flash.  Why do I look old?  Weird.


Here's what I used for this look:

Face
Boots Rose Tonic Spray (MAC Fix+ dupe)
MAC Studio Fix fluid in NC15 applied with ELF Studio foundation brush
Ben Nye Creme Foundation in Porcelain under eyes to corners of nose as concealer with Paris Presents concealer brush
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light with Sonia Kashuk duo fibre brush to blend and set
Coty Airspun Luminous powder on face for glow

Cheeks
La Femme blush in Clove to contour
La Femme blush in Golden Sunset for flush
La Femme blush in Pink Beige on upper cheekbones to blend
-all applied with MAC 129 brush

Lips
MAC Lip Pencil in Stone
MAC Fabby
L'Oreal lipgloss in Soft Nude

Eyes
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly, applied with Paris Presents concealer brush to lid up to eyebrow
Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Rust all along eye and along waterline, with pencil
MAC Expensive pink applied to lid up to crease and outer 2/3 of lower lashline over Rust pencil with MAC 239 brush
MAC Gleam patted onto center of lid with same MAC 239 brush
MAC Mystery patted and swept into outer v for depth with ELF blending eye brush
MAC Naked lunch blended onto browbone over Expensive Pink to blend with ELF blending eye brush
Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes liner in black all around eye and tightlined
Mascara is Maybelline Lash Stiletto in black (fave)
Brows are MAC Mystery wetlined with angled brush from art store :)  It has a neon green see through plastic handle- love it!

Lotion of the Day:  NONE...WHAT?!
Perfume of the Day:  Victoria's Secret Halo (I wore this all through Paris and now it reminds me of Versailles)
Polish (sausage) of the Day:  Orly Viridian Vinyl and Orly Apple Green and on toes, Sally Hansen Rock Star purple glitter

Have a great day,
T
Photobucket

4 comments:

The Peach said...

Such a beautiful look! Love the lips! What a great color on you! The blush is stunning! And you do NOT look old!

VijiiS said...

Love the look of that pencil. It's permanent, right?

Melissa said...

Love the lip! And I am very excited to see someone use the term "Wonky" LOL

Baroque In Babylon said...

@Peach Thank you! I was just wondering if my lower eyes look wrinkled, but I appreciate you saying I'm not crone status yet! XD

@VijiiS Thanks! It's a permanent color, but it doesn't get much love. Pixiwoo did a great tutorial on a smokey eye and used it. It's my fave MAC pencil.

@Melissa Thank you! I say wonky all the time :) Glad to see it's got other fans :)