Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fortune Teller or Benefit She Laq makeup look

Fortune anyone?

Hi there!

I liked BeneFit's She-Laq bottle so much I wanted to do a quick fortune teller look.  Above is the final edited version :)  I used the top of my Fergie Outspoken (sorry I called it Outrageous before, doh!) perfume and used a vintage scarf to kinda look fortune teller/gypsy-ish.  Any scarf and heavily lined shimmery eye look will do :)  The round pointy nails help as well :)

 Here are some pre-edited shots taken in my bathroom lol!  I tried to kinda match the face on the bottle. 


My husband used our camera last night for the HOA/Homeowner's Association Board photos he took and so I didn't realize these shots had a date/time stamp until I uploaded them.  So yes at 9:11 this morning if you rang my doorbell, you'd get this.


I used Meow's Egyptian collection shadows for the deep ruby colors in this look and sadly the camera didn't get the cool metallic sheen they have.  I need to figure out how to get clear, consistent photos.




Here's what I used for this look:

Face
Make Up For Ever HD foundation in #117 Marble applied with ELF Studio blush brush
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light applied with same brush
L'Oreal True Match concealer in Fair Warm with ELF concealer brush, to help obliviate my puffy eye circles :)
Coty Airspun Luminous translucent powder for shimmer on cheekbones/bridge of nose with small Estee Lauder blush brush

Cheeks
Nyx When Leopard Gets a Tan bronzer for contouring and as blush
Smashbox Seychelles palette gold highlight on cheeks for shimmer

Lips- sorry these look sloppy
Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Rust
Stila lip glaze (hate those dial up pens, hate them) in Spiced Rum

Eyes
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly applied with Paris Presents concealer brush
Meow Royal patted onto lid with Loew-Cornell #270 Maxine's Mop brush
Meow Tutankhamun patted on top of Royal in wing shape with Loew-Cornell long white synthetic tapered brush (great crease brush)
MAC Expensive Pink blended with Sonia Kashuk blending brush onto browbone above Tut
MAC Gleam blended with Expensive Pink and also patted at tear duct and slightly blended with same brush as above
Aromaleigh GreenHell dabbed onto a layer of Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy on lower lashline
Aromaleigh GreenHell mixed with silicone mixing fluid on my Ben Nye stainless steel palette and wetlined with Loew-Cornell thin liner brush and winged out to the same shape as Tut
Morgana Cryptoria Helios (AMAZING color!) blended under Greenhell and touched at outer corners of browbone and inner eye
Mascara is Maybelline Lash Falsies in Black
Brows were lightly wetlined with MAC Mystery and an angled brush (I'm going to do a video on my brows soon so you can see)

*No lotion/polish/or CD's going on yet.  My husband went to a golf tournament at like 4am so I'm so tired and I am going to take a nap and recharge.  I'll update then :)

Have a great day,
T
Photobucket

5 comments:

KittenMittens said...

I love the lips!!

VijiiS said...

The eye makeup here is so cool. Will you be doing a video of it? If you did, I'd totally watch!

Ki said...

OOH :D what a cool and creative look! :D

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Oooh I love the edited picture, it looks super cool!

krista carlson said...

You are so amazing!!! Love it....