Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pink Lipsticks: Swatch-o-rama!


I am in love with pink lipsticks lately!  LOVE them!  Normally I go for a nude color, but for some reason, a bright pink mouth just screams happy to me.  I guess I'll be doing a lot of looks with pink lips.  However, I don't own a ton of lipsticks per se.  I mean I know 19 is a lot, but truly, it's not.  I plan to get some more, especially MAC ones, as I like their Amplified Cream formula.  Crazy though, the best performers for a cheap lipstick are Wet N Wild and NYX.  Who'da thunk?  I always seem to prefer those and luckily, they're only a few bucks cumulatively, so you can stock up!  Here's swatch breakdowns for you:


1.  ELF Seductive Plum (all ELF lippies have this great fig scent, similar to Estee Lauder- love it!)
2.  ELF Gipsy
3.  ELF Voodoo
4.  ELF Classy
5.  Nyx Paris
6.  L'Oreal Tickled Pink (HATE L'Oreal lipstick smell, it's like old and waxy, blech)
7.  Rimmel Just So (I call this Makeup Zombie Pink, for Wendi)
8.  NYC Blue Rose (great dupe for Morgana's Azalea Blue)
9.  NYC Blossom
10.  Wet N Wild 505A
11.  Wet N Wild 521A
12.  Wet N Wild 502A (total dupe for MAC's Fabby)
13.  Wet N Wild 905DP
14.  Wet N Wild 901B
15.  Lime Crime Centrifuschia
16.  Besame Dusty Rose
17.  Besame Exotic Pink
18.  Besame Portrait Pink
19.  Besame Debutante Pink

Below, same lippies but with flash!


Here's a few at a time, a little bit closer up.  I believe all of these photos will click into the original mondo size.


1.  ELF Seductive Plum
2.  ELF Gipsy
3.  ELF Voodoo
4.  ELF Classy
5.  NYX Paris
6.  L'Oreal Tickled Pink
7.  Rimmel Just So
8.  NYC Blue Rose
9.  NYC Blossom


10.  Wet N Wild 505A
11.  Wet N Wild 521A
12.  Wet N Wild 502A
13.  Wet N Wild 905DP
14.  Wet N Wild 901B
15.  Lime Crime Centrifuschia
16.  Besame Dusty Rose
17.  Besame Exotic Pink
18.  Besame Portrait Pink
19.  Besame Debutante Pink

I won't go into color descriptions, because I think these are pretty self evident.  See any you like?  Are you like me and in shock that the Wet N Wild lipsticks are so opaque and pretty?!  I wish I had a lot more pinks, but give me time and I know I'll pick more up.  What's your favorite pink lipstick?
Photobucket

4 comments:

mNg said...

I love 2, 8, 9, 10 and 11 :D I want to steal them all from you!!! LOL.

Baroque In Babylon said...

@mNg I'll share lol! Great thing about lipsticks is you don't have to pay a ton to get good ones. Go get Peachy Scene from Maybelline- so pretty! I'm also loving Silvered Red from Revlon!

Janinay said...

Wow how cool is this. I take a look at your swatches and I immediately spot Nyx Paris without looking at your list. I love it so much. :D

http://monsterprettyinthecity.blogspot.com/

tiddies said...

I had the Besame exotic pink and LOVED it! Last weekend, however, I was out and it fell out of my purse; ever since, I have been trying to find another with no luck. I've been trying to find a close match (since it seems they've discontinued that besame color) but so far, no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Ari