Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Nyx Cosmetics 12 year annivesary sale


Apparently, everyone is freaking out over how they can't get their paws on a $1.20 worth of stuff!  There's cursing, threats, and probably a few are grabbing their pitchforks and heading to LA to hunt Nyx down.  Hope the deviantart guy doesn't mind I altered his little Gandalf painting a bit.  I think it's apropros.  I am bummed at the utter lack of access people have had during this sale and realize it could've been handled differently, but there's no reason to act like a durn fool!  All in vain too because from what I gather, Nyx will honor the items you want to buy if you email them at feedback@nyxcosmetics.com and tell them what you wanted.  See, now that's not so bad, right?

My order went through- please, no tomatoes at my site, thanks.  BUT when I called customer service to have the double quantities fixed back to only 1 per item, they were gracious and happy to help.  I was told that she needed to give my name and number to a co-worker who would call me back to help me by the end of the day.  I've yet to receive a call back.   I will say that there was a lot of noise in the background during our conversation and I wouldn't want to be them.  Not by a long shot.  I think the girl on the other end of the line was grateful I wasn't yelling expletives at her in a Jersey accent.

So, I don't know if you're still trying to buy.  I might have some round lipsticks available if they can't fix the error and will post them under a blog sale once/if they arrive.  So someone might get a lippie for $1.20 after all.

To those who made a purchase- congrats.  To the thousands who didn't- hang in there- Nyx is going down the list and will get to you.  I'm appalled at the language and lack of decency so many customers displayed, but I suppose if you try to get a woman from her discounts she loses her mind. 

All that aside, Nyx has no right to hang up on customers who call sincerely looking for help or have questions.  Nyx should've followed through on offering a discount code today, although they didn't.  Nyx also should've been more prepared for the influx of site activity and been more communicative regarding what was happening.  It's sickening to read how women waited nearly an entire day, called in to work, etc etc to get what amounts to the retail cold shoulder.  It's plainly misleading to advertise a sale that really didn't happen for anyone but a small few who somehow got their orders in.

Next time, let's play fair- shall we?  So what if the sale was a bit of a train wreck, you don't need to act like one- that goes for the tacky customers and Nyx.  What a shame.

Photobucket

3 comments:

VijiiS said...

You're right about the bad behavior, but honestly, at this point I'm much more unimpressed by Nyx and their poor treatment of even the reasonable customers. I'm no longer going to be purchasing from them in the future.

Anonymous said...

people have every right to be upset... and just like you have the right to create this blog and say what u feel they have the right to say what they feel.. u have ur opinion and they/we have ours.. hope you receive ur order cuz @ the rate that site was going u may never get it!!!! #takethatblogger

Baroque In Babylon said...

@VijiiS I agree- Nyx really let their consumer base down- worse than that, misrepresented the offer and then didn't follow through. I will say though that perhaps the tide could've been more mature and responded with dignity. Good call V- I'm starting to feel like Nyx isn't a good investment until something is done.

@Anon lol take that! I don't know if my order will ever leave the Nyx warehouse or was eaten by lightning. Everyone is gifted with their own thoughts but my issue was that people responded so tastelessly. Language, empty threats- Martin Luther King Jr had a very strong and effective message because he was dignified and real. I would've loved to have seen dignity instead of swearing and poor behavior by the customers I read. Nyx didn't jump in like they should've and definitely made mistakes- but there's never a need to betray yourself with language and tomfoolery. Not you dear anon- you have a valid point.