Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Neutral Eye with Shimmering Raspberry lips

Hidey ho there!  

I've been wanting to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie.  In my usual fashion, I'm 3 weeks behind lol on everything and have been lemming the OPI polishes in the silver shatter and Mermaid's Tears color.  I'm not a big nail girl (I get acrylics- circa 1998, I know) and am realizing there's a whole RAINBOW of possibilities (enter cheezy tag line here) at my fingertips.  This is my makeup from yesterday.  I wanted a neutral look with all MAC colors and a bright pop of pink/red lipcolor.

Here's the finished look.  The flower was supposed to match but was off.  Oh well, still a pretty one.  It's from my neon daisy bouquet from Costco that is STILL alive!  I think the dye is a preservative and turns the daisies into the undead.  Zombie flowers!


I also cut bangs!  I was just suffering with my forehead in every dang photo and I think bangs make me look younger and cover that sucker up.  Also, I have most of my wrinkles (that are visible without me scrunching) on my forehead, so kill two birds with one stone, right?  I am in DESPERATE need of a color though- that dark blonde shade is my natural and thankfully, there are still some old highlights keeping the baby poop brown/grey mix at bay.





The lipstick is my first foray into Avon's pro-to-go lip line.  It's a take on Guerlain's lidless lipsticks.  I'll review this baby but it is really cool!  I know what you're thinking- Avon is passe, bad quality, and to me, brings to mind that scene from Edward Scissorhands where the weirdo lady comes to the door and chirps, "Avon calling!"  But *shock* I am loving Avon right now.  Especially this lipstick....gorgeous!


More eyeballs that didn't load at first (blogger's photo uploading server is hit and miss these days.  I hate loading 3 times, guh)...so here you go.  Lash extensions are holding on.  I've had almost all of them come out lately.  I don't know if it was the LORAC mascara that nuked them or if the glue is just giving way.  I'll call Nicole and see what I can do about it.  I actually like them less Bambi-like.  They're not as dense and are easier to live with.



Here's what I used!

Face
Avon Anew day cream (I'll get the exact name today)
Neutrogena Face Shield SPF 70
L'OReal True Match N1, applied with fingers
Ben Nye Creme Foundation in Fairest, applied with Paris Presents concealer brush
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Light to set foundation, applied with MAC #129 brush
Stila All Over Shimmer liquid luminizer (review cometh!) on bridge of nose, cheekbones, cupid's bow, and upper chin for spahkle! (gold based shimmer- nice!)

Cheeks
Hard Candy Bronzer in Hula Hula for contour and warmth, applied with ELF angled blush brush
MAC Pink Swoon blush with MAC #129 brush

Lips
Avon Pro-To-Go lipcolor in Shimmering Red Rouge
LORAC Multiplex 3D gloss in Ulta Glam

Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin, applied with Urban Decay Good Karma brush that came with my Naked Palette
MAC Satin Taupe with Paris Presents angled eyeshadow brush on lid to slightly above crease
MAC Naked Lunch on inner corners, bottom and top blended with MAC #239 brush
MAC Mystery deeply blended in outer V and outer lower lashline with Loew-Cornell #270 Maxine's Mop brush
MAC Paradisco above Mystery into browbone for a bit of warmth and pink with MAC #239 brush
MAC Brule on browbone for highlight with Sonia Kashuk blending brush
Lined upper lashline with Wet N' Wild liquid liner in Espresso out of container
Gold liner on top of that is MAC All That Gleams with Silk Naturals bent eyeliner brush
Mascara is Maybelline Lash Stiletto
Brows are La Femme brow powder in Taupe wetlined with angled brush from craft store

Lotion of the Day:  Bath and Body Works Secret Wonderland
Perfume of the Day:  OHWTO Pasticceria
Polish of the Day:  OPI Are You Feeling Tex-y?

Have a great day,
T
Photobucket

9 comments:

The Peach said...

Love the bangs! That was the first thing I noticed! Definitely makes you look younger! And I do like Avon products. They can be hit and miss. But most of their lipsticks have been good. I also like their polishes! Awesome look! Love the neutral eye with the pink lip!

krista carlson said...

Holy crap woman..you look like a super model. Love it..

Ki said...

Whoa the lip colour is fantastic! :D

VijiiS said...

Oooh, I love Secret Wonderland. =D

Lillian Funny Face said...

My God your eyelashes are amazing! I really like Avon :)

MartianDelights said...

Bangs are great! I love the lips too, with your pale complexion they really pop :)

mNg said...

Looking super gorgeous with your new bangs and look of the day :D I super love your lippie!!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Love the bangs!

Baroque In Babylon said...

@Peach Thank you!! I am shocked at how gorgeous and amazing that Avon lippie is! I rec'd them as a gift from my Avon lady :) (a great friend) and I plan to stock up. Dang it, like I need more lemmings lol.

@Krista You are super nice to me. Thank you.

@Ki Thanks- I am loving that thing! The tube is cool too...I'll review it soon.

@VijiiS Me too! I'm surprised at some of the new scents. Should I do a review on the picks I chose from B&BW? Maybe I might. I like Sweet Pea too, it reminds me of my daughter.

@Lillian Thank you! I WISH mine were that way...they're extensions, but hey they're like boobs, if you can get them to look real, they might as well be lol.

@MartianDelights Thank you! I wish we could swap faces tho- you are so stunning!!

@mNg Thank you!! Maybe I should include a couple of them in a giveaway?

@Vulcan_Butterfly Thank you!!!!