Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Meow Friday the 13th Swatches

Heeeello!  I take it if you're reading this, either you are a sinner and waiting for the end of the world or you missed the Rapture or are reading this from Heaven.  Gosh these end of the world prophecies are so silly.  I was laughing today at some of the comments on Facebook.  *shakes head*  On to the goodies!  Meow Cosmetics Friday the 13th Collection.  I've been wanting these for a while, but I have to wait for a Friday the 13th to hit before they become available.  Sneaky little limited edition shades!

Here's the whole collection along with the crazy new color and a couple freebie samples Meow was kind enough to send.  Thanks, Meow!

First up- all swatches are foiled onto my hand with water, first in natural light, second a closer shot, and third, with flash.  Enjoy!!


Note:  Sexy is an Ideal Eyes shade (free sample) and Melpomena is a Sunless Sea shade (also free sample)  The rest of these babies are all Friday the 13th!







Fate is my new favorite blue!  Navy heaven!!!  I wish I'd bought this full size.  Anyone know of a dupe?



The new color is a phobia for being morbidly afraid of Friday the 13th.  Try saying that three times fast lol!


Paranormal is the perfect mermaid tail green.  Love that!


Also here's a closeup of Skeptic- a really unusual shade.  It's a very, very pale lavender touched cornflower with a violet/copper duochrome.  I expected this to be more opaque than it was.  It's actually very sheer, which was a bummer.  I layered this heavily to get as deep of a swatch as I did.  Thought you'd like to see it.





If you're interested, Meow has their Caribbean Escape colors available for a limited time.  Go HERE to check it out!  I've seen lots of love online for Papaya and I might sample these.  The feliners look beautiful.  Let me know if you have any Meow you've been loving lately.

P.S.  I want to find a foundation from them, but honestly it's so confusing and overdone, I've not attempted.  I wish it were a little more concise.  I'll just sample a bunch and see what works.

Photobucket





5 comments:

The Peach said...

The Friday the 13th colors are so pretty! Love Skeptic and Accident! And it took me quite a few samples to find a Meow foundation match. You can always go to the Meow forum to get help with a foundation match!

MartianDelights said...

I love this collection, the eyeshadows are absolutely fab !
I have my first order of samples coming, I chose between two shades and two varieties of each shade to see what the difference is... without having any idea if the shade is for me because I haven't got a clue about cool/warm toned stuff !

Luna said...

Friday 13the is my favorite collection of MEOW ! Sketpic is so gorgeous ! I already had the entire collection , and today i received the newest color of it ! Awesome :D

Baroque In Babylon said...

@Peach Great advice. I think what I may do is order a few. I want some mineral foundation for my kit...so I might just do a huge haul and then see if I fit any of them.

@MartianDelights I'm not technical either. If I say "Oooh" when I see it, I get it :) Needless to say that leads to a lot of purples and peaches lol. I've got loads of samples I should send your way *plunks them onto pile of M&M's* :)

@Luna Oh awesome!! What do you think of the newest shade? It's so BRIGHT! I love it!

MartianDelights said...

ahhh M&Ms xx